Weighing Down Responsibility

DISCLAIMER, JJK does not belong to me, all rights go to Gege Akutami

TVT

"After the incident at Satosakura High School, We discovered the corpse of Yoshino Nagi, Yoshino Junpei's mother, at their home, along with an unsealed Sukuna's Finger– his second left arm's pinky finger.

"We believe Yoshino Nagi was attacked by cursed spirits drawn to Sukuna's finger. There were no visible traces of blood detected on-site, and Yoshino Nagi's body was lying down in her bedroom. Lifting up the blanket revealed only cold packs and ice bags spread beneath it." Kiyotaka reads out from his report in a solemn tone.

After relaying the information, Kiyotaka promptly leaves Nanami and Yuji to stand in the dimly lit hallway by themselves.

"Don't bring your personal feelings into this Itadori-kun. I understand you've met the deceased, but that will only cloud your judgment. Let the adults take care of this," Nanami said sternly, his tone measured and composed.

"Are you saying I'd get in the way, Nanamin?" Yuji's voice held a hint of frustration. "You have to take me with you. That way, we can finally put a stop to that curse,"

Nanami remained silent at Yuji's verbal jab.

He understood Yuji would feel helpless about the situation, but Nanami's concern was rooted in ensuring Yuji's safety.

"As you know, this patchface cursed spirit uses transfigured people. So there are some people beyond saving. If you continue this work, there will be a time you would be forced to kill a person yourself." Nanami blatantly stated, his words were cold but they masked a genuine concerned undertone.

"Will you be able to do it, once that happens?"

Nanami will refrain the young sorcerer from getting blood on his hands, especially when he still doesn't have yet to grasp the mindset of being a jujutsu sorcerer.

A breeze passes by the two of them as a figure approaches. Olga, cladded in her usual exorcist's uniform, enters the tense scene, carrying an air of eerie with her. Her footsteps were soft and gentle, but the arrival of her almost undetected presence brought about an unsettling heavy feeling that was undeniable.

"Nanami," Her icy voice cuts through the air. " I'll watch Yuji. So, there is no need to worry about us. You already know what to do about the curse, so don't disappoint,"

Yuji was about to disagree as he felt that he was being looked down on again. However, Olga made a gesture, putting a finger on her lips, signifying Yuji to remain silent.

With a simple action, Yuji couldn't find himself to utter another word against her. Somehow, he was reassured that she had something in mind that she wasn't telling outright.

"Then, I'd like to ask that the both of you observe Yoshino Junpei." Nanami spoke, his voice unwavering.

Olga inclines her head after being acknowledged by his approval, and puts up a small closed-eyed smile.

"Make sure, he doesn't get away this time."

With that, Nanami nods his head before leaving the older woman with Yuji as he goes on to hunt down Mahito.

Once he had left the space, Olga turned to face the crestfallen boy.

She didn't like the look on his face.

Yuji was usually bright and upbeat. Now, a mixture of frustration, sadness, and a hint of desperation was displayed on his face. She could see the conflict in his eyes, the desire to help was evident.