Deeper Thoughts, Deeper Graves

DISCLAIMER, JJK does not belong to me, all rights go to Gege Akutami

(Hello peeps, my apologies for not posting in mid April! I've just started college so I'm getting things sorted out. Read the author's note at the end for more info about the fic's updates and other stuff^^!)

TVT

There was a knock at the door, followed by a voice.

"It's Yuji," The voice announced before opening the door, revealing himself and the others as they entered the room.

The young man was patched up with bandages all over, nonetheless, he seemed better after yesterday's events.

"Hello, Sister Olga," Yuji greeted, to which she acknowledged with an inclined head.

It would seem that all the necessary people are now present, saving her the trouble of meeting them individually one by one.

"This is certainly quite the audience." She commented dryly. "But I am sure each of you have your reasons for coming."

As Junpei slumbered, the rest that stood gathered at the foot of his bed.

It wasn't courteous to carry on a conversation while the subject of question was asleep, but she supposed that it couldn't be helped. Him waking up anytime soon seemed less likely after the stunt she pulled.

"The patient's vitals seem to be functioning as they should be. Though that's not the only thing I came here to let you know." Shoko paused, examining the changes in Olga's features.

However, Olga remained unfazed with the news, as if she already anticipated such a thing.

"I wanted to ask you about the technique you used. I heard that he had his soul transfigured which, to my knowledge, would normally would be hard to heal by a basic reverse cursed technique,"

Olga met Shoko's gaze evenly, her composure unwavering. By no means did Shoko have any ill-intentions towards Olga. She was a doctor first and foremost, so understanding her patient's condition was her top priority.

Although, when it comes to matters of the soul, Shoko's understanding of it was sorely limited.

"What actually happened was that Junpei's soul could no longer recognise his body. That's why a reverse cursed technique wouldn't be enough to save him," She threw her statement, neglecting tones of empathy.

The reaction was expected.

Faces contorted into pure confusion.

"That... That would mean that Yoshino Junpei had died," Shoko gathered immediately, her eyes lingering on the unconscious teenager.

"That is correct," Olga responded immediately. "We've recently encountered a special grade curse whose ability allowed him to manipulate souls. Which means that a reverse cursed technique would be ineffective as it only repairs the physical injury unlike something that is intangible like the soul. At the time, I didn't intend to save Junpei. It's a risky technique for both him and me. There was a high chance of succumbing to instability in maintaining ourselves mentally and physically. The two of us could have died."

Her words were clear. She never had the intention of saving another to begin with unless it was requested.

It was a pill that was hard to swallow.

Had Yuji not begged and mourned over the loss of his new friend, Olga wouldn't have saved him.

"Then did you resurrect him?" Nanami inquired sharply, his eyes leering into her form.