1.7.2. The Party

"You ready to see what a real party looks like?" Gracie joked as she and Ricky walked up to Ashlyn's house

"You ready to see what a real party looks like?" Gracie joked as she and Ricky walked up to Ashlyn's house. "I can't wait to see what this text from Ashlyn means about Carlos going off the deep end."

"Okay, what do you think Carlos going off the deep end means?" Ricky prompted. "Put in your guesses now."

"Oh, good question," Gracie thought for a second. "Um, I don't know. It could mean so much."

"Well, I'll put in my guess first and you can get an idea, " Ricky cleared his throat. "I think it has to do something with High School Musical. Maybe he put together this, like, mash-up of all the songs and he and Seb have been performing it for everyone."

"That's a good guess," Gracie nodded. "I also think it has something to do with High School Musical but maybe it involves everyone, like he brought a karoke set, or something."

"Final answer?"

Gracie nodded. "Final answer."

"Then we shall see who was the most correct," Ricky smiled as they started to walk up to the house.

"Gracie!" A voice made the two kids stop and turn to Gina, who was walking up to the girl with a smile on her.

"Gina! Hey, perfect timing," Gracie met up with the girl as Ricky walked into the house, leaving the girls to talk. Gracie looked down at the tray in Gina's, seeing the cupcakes she had brought with her. "Oh, my god, these are the cutest things."

"Thank you, I made them myself," Gina gave a proud smile. "I learned how to make them from YouTube. It comes in handy a lot for me."

"Well, let's not let them freeze out here. Come on," Gracie looped her arm through Gina's as the girls walked into the house, immediately being met with Ricky and Nini talking.

"Hi, Nini," Gina greeted, letting go of Gracie's arm as she shut the door behind them.

"Happy Thanksgiving," Gracie smiled awkwardly, not knowing if she had interrupted a moment or not.

"Oh. Hey," Nini gave a forced chuckle and pointed at the cupcakes Gina was carrying. "Turkey cupcakes. Gobble gobble."

"It's a gluten-free cupcake recipe I made from scratch," Gina responded.

"Why don't we put these in the kitchen, then go see what Carlos has up his sleeves for tonight," Gracie suggested, wanting to leave Ricky and Nini alone. Gina nodded, letting Gracie lead her to the kitchen before they met up with everybody.

"Oh, good, you're all here," Carlos smiled as Gina, Gracie, Nini and Ricky entered the living room. "We still need to even out the team, West High Knights are behind one player so we will need two over there and one player for East High Wildcats."

Gracie noticed Nini sit down with the West High team. "Uh, Gina and Ricky can join West High and I can go on East High."

"That'll work," Carlos nodded as Gracie turned to Ricky.