2.1.3. Resolutions

"You seriously don't know what musical we're doing next?" Gracie asked EJ as they sat together on the couch

"You seriously don't know what musical we're doing next?" Gracie asked EJ as they sat together on the couch. It was now ten o'clock. Two hours past the time Blake was supposed to show up and Gracie was trying her best to keep her mind off of it. And what better way of doing that than messing with EJ.

"No!" He threw his hands up in annoyance. "And no one will tell me. Carlos practically screamed at everyone not to tell me, so it's looks like I'm the only one who doesn't know."

"I can tell you," Gracie shrugged, getting EJ to look at her hopefully. "You just have to promise me that you won't go around telling people that I ruined the surprise for you."

"Yeah, yeah," EJ nodded quickly. "I promise."

"Okay," Gracie cleared her throat. "It's a beloved musical for our generation. Many big stars shot to fame because of it. And the music could be everywhere if it wanted to be. It's....Cats."

Gracie bit back a smirk as EJ smiled slowly dropped, the information sinking in. "What?"

"It's not Cats," Gina sighed as she sat down next to EJ. "She's messing with you."

EJ sent Gracie a glare, getting the girl to laugh lightly. "You make it too easy."

"I'm not gonna stop, that's who I am," Ricky sang as he entered the house with Nini shutting the door behind him. Ricky had fun with the song adding in some of his own choreography getting everyone to laugh. "I'll give it all I got, that is my plan. Will I find what I lost, you know you can bet on it, bet on it. You can bet on me."

The crowd cheered as Ricky looked at Nini with a silly smile on his face, making Gracie's lungs tighten slightly.

***

GRACIE:
Am I happy that Ricky is finally getting into theater and performing? Yes. Do I think I can spend another musical watching Ricky and Nini being the perfect Troy and Gabriella on and off stage? No. But at the same time, I love everyone in the club. I don't know whether I should audition or not.

***

"Okay, okay, okay!" Carlos yelled over everyone's cheers, quieting them down so he could speak. "Does anbody not know we're doing High School Musical 2?"

"We are?" EJ looked at him totally shocked. "Whoo-hoo!"

Gracie tried to steady her breaths as Ricky and Nini sat down across from her. Ricky gave her a kind smile as Gracie realized that it would be best to keep her distance from them tonight.

"I'm going to get a root beer," Gracie said standing up. "Anyone want anything?"

"Is this where the party is at?" Blake asked as he burst through the front door, getting most of the drama students to jump before giving him amused laughs.

"Hey," Gracie smiled, greeting him with a hug.

"Hi," Blake quickly returned the hug, noticing Ricky looking at him weirdly.