Chapter 23: Getting to house

"Take a U-turn onto—"

Clyde yells, "Turn on some music or something! I can't listen to that annoying robotic voice anymore!" The boys are still on the road to save Tweek.

Tolkien leans over from the backseat, his voice filled with laughter. "Who knew saving a friend would involve this much... um, adventure?"

Clyde turns towards Tolkien with a grin, sweat still on his forehead. "Adventure? More like a crash course in chaos, dude."

Jimmy chimes in, his voice trying to stay positive. "Well, if this is an adventure, then we're certainly earning our badges today."

Craig's hold on the steering wheel tightens as he tries to make a sharp turn, his face a mix of concentration and fear. "We're in this together, guys," he says, his voice steady and calm. "We'll get Tweek back, no matter what it takes."

As they speed down the road, the car's engine starts to cough, making the boys worried. That's when Tolkien points towards a gas station up ahead, his eyes widening with relief. "I spy salvation! Time for a pit stop, folks."

The boys pull into the gas station with a sense of relief, grateful for the chance to catch their breath.

Craig runs up to the gas pump and looks up at the buttons, his face showing his confusion. "Okay, let's see... is it the green button or the red one to start pumping?" he mumbles to himself.

Clyde leans over. "Dude, you got this. Just press something and hope for the best."

Tolkien, still chuckling from Clyde's comment, adds. "Yeah, it's not like we're strangers to trial and error at this point."

With a confident nod, Craig takes a deep breath and pushes the green button. A moment of silence follows, but to everyone's relief, the pump starts pumping, gasoline flowing into the tank.

"Success!" Craig yells, pumping his fist in the air. Then Craig looks to his right and sees a man looking at them with a confused face.

"What? What are you looking at?" Craig yells.

"Yeah, don't question us!" Clyde yells along with Craig. The man looks away quickly, probably so confused.

Jimmy pats Craig on the back, smiling. "Great job, Craig. Another obstacle overcome."

As the gas tank fills up, the boys take the chance to stretch their legs and talk to each other. Soon enough, the pump clicks off. They look at each other confidently and climb back in the car.

With a grin, Clyde asks, "Alright, who's the DJ for the next leg of the trip?"

Tolkien raises his hand. "I've got a playlist!"

As Tolkien connects his device to the car's audio system, the cabin is filled with music, drowning out the monotony of the robotic navigation voice. The boys join in on the music, singing along, and even Craig's grip on the steering wheel seems to loosen a little.

Tolkien turns up the volume; the music isn't bad. Clyde, in particular, gets into the music, turning the car into a mini disco on wheels.

As the miles roll by, the tension from earlier seems to fade away. Even Craig, who had been gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were turning white, relaxes his hold and allows himself to enjoy the moment.

"Man, who knew road trips could be this much fun?" Clyde shouts over the music, smiling.

Tolkien leans over towards Craig, "Think of it this way, Craig – it's like our very own action-packed movie."

Craig chuckles and shakes his head. He can't deny he's having a little fun.

As they continue on their path, the boys approach a fork in the road. The GPS starts up again, "In 500 feet, take the right fork to continue on the route."

Clyde immediately groans again, "Ugh, not again. Anyone else getting tired of Ms. Robo-Navigation over here?"

The boys nod before Tolkien suggests, "How about we let fate decide this time? Left or right?"

Craig sighs but not wanting to ruin the moment and make them sad, he lets go of the steering wheel and allows the car to do its own thing.

As the car goes onto its own chosen path, the boys burst into laughter, feeling like they're writing their own story with every twist and turn.

"We might not be experts at driving, but we sure know how to make the most of it!" Jimmy yells.

The boys continue down the road.

That's when they suddenly hear a loud voice, "You have arrived at your destination!"

"Ow! Why is it so loud!?" Clyde asks, really hating the robot voice now.

"Probably because we had the music so high!" Craig turns the volume down while trying to find a spot to park.

The boys look at their destination. It's an old-looking house. "Wow... I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this."

The boys look at the old house in front of them. Its windows are boarded up, and the paint on its siding is peeling. The house feels eerie, sending a shiver down their spines.

Tolkien leans forward from the backseat. "This is it? The place where Tweek is being held?"

Craig looks at the house before turning back to the others. "Looks can be deceiving, guys. We've come this far, and we can't turn back now."

Jimmy adds, "Yeah, it might not look like much, but it's where Tweek is. We have to go in and get him."

The boys leave the car. It's really quiet. The ground crunches beneath their shoes as they go over to the front door.

Craig takes the lead and reaches for the doorknob. He turns it slowly, the creaking sound the only noise, and the boys look at each other, scared.

As they step inside, the interior is even more unsettling. Dust-covered furniture, faded wallpaper, and a musty odor fill the air. The boys move carefully.

Tolkien's voice breaks the silence. "Well, we're definitely not in South Park anymore."

Craig nods, his eyes scanning the room. "Let's split up and search the place. Tweek might be in trouble, and every second counts. Also, if you hear or see anything that could be caused by... you know who... then hide. Do not get caught." The boys nod before starting to look around.

The boys disperse, each taking a different part of the house to search. The old floorboards creak beneath their feet as they move cautiously through the dimly lit rooms.

As they explore, they come across dusty old portraits, broken furniture, and cobweb-covered corners.

Craig heads upstairs, checking each room along the hallway. His heart pounds with a mix of anticipation and anxiety as he opens one door after another, hoping to catch a glimpse of his boyfriend. He's met with empty rooms, but he keeps going, driven by the thought of reuniting with Tweek.

Meanwhile, Clyde explores the ground floor. He pauses every now and then, listening for any odd sounds that might hint at Tweek's presence.

Tolkien goes into the basement, his steps echoing in the darkness. He feels a shiver run down his spine as he searches through dusty shelves and abandoned objects. The darkness down there only adds to his determination to find Tweek and get out as quickly as possible.

Jimmy, carefully, checks the back of the house, peering through windows and cautiously entering rooms. He can't shake off the feeling that they might not be alone in this place, and his eyes dart around as he searches for any signs of danger.

~*~

That's when Craig suddenly hears a crash from a closet. He turns quickly toward the closet, hoping that it wasn't a person that caused the noise. 'Please don't be a person, please don't be a person, please don't be a person, please don't be a person!' he thinks.

That's when the back of a person comes out of the closet. Craig quickly hides under a table, covering himself with a long tablecloth. Luckily, it doesn't seem like the person noticed him.

'Oh god, what to do?' he thinks.

-What do you all think?

-Word Count: 1351