Chapter 1

Reincarnation was something of a myth.

Even in the future where technology ruled, no one thought twice about something so irrational. Unattainable. You remembered reading scripts where men would sacrifice anything for a chance of existing forever. The burden you carried with you from birth was a gift in the eyes of so many.

What trash.

"Think you're so cool with the whole mysterious girl crap going on. Let me tell you the next time you sit with John I'll-"

The fist connecting with her face was the only response she received. When the blond girl's body hit the floor, her entourage took a step back in horror. You didn't even flinch. Massaging your knuckles.

"Trash."

Detention it is.

"I hope you learn that there are consequences to your actions. "

The teacher slammed the door, and the students in the room went about as if nothing happened. The laughter and cell phones dinging seemed to echo. When a chair pulled up to your side, the teen sat down. You expected some nuisance, but he looked more nervous than anything.

"Hey, sorry I know you would much rather sit by yourself. Seeing as I am the nerd here I figured you were the safest bet." Your eyes scanned the male. You recognized him. Brown hair, brown eyes. Glasses, young, intelligent.

"Peter Parker. Spiderman."

Your mind did a mental download.

"You're okay." You spoke.

That comment seemed to calm him down.

"I'm Peter Parker."

He held out his hand, and you shook it.

"(Y/N), nice to meet you."

Detention wasn't the worst thing to happen. 

You knew once you got home you would have to explain to your parents why you were once again being punished for starting a fight. Technically that banshee started it. But life really never worked in your favor. So what's to say it would this time either. 

To delay the inevitable, you figured you might as well make your punishment this time worthwhile. Tightening the strap on your backpack, you headed for the subway. There was a perfect spot where you could enjoy the peace of being alone. No stupidly oblivious teens, or unhelpful teachers to bother you.

Bodies jumbled as you made your way through the streets. Your desired destination was on the other side of town. Even when the sun began to go down, your eyes stayed trained ahead. It's only when you turn a corner that you hear a scream. There's a woman ahead, surrounded by two men. From the looks of it they are after her bag. That only stops when they spot you ahead. One of them is holding a knife.

"Beat it!"

He screams.

The woman turns to you with pleading eyes, and you turn around, heading in the opposite direction.

"HELP ME PLEASE!!"

You clench your fist, but keep walking forward. You only stop when you hear the grunts in the background. The woman releases another scream, running right past you with incredible speed. Especially for someone in heels. Your eyes drift back to the men that are now lying on the floor groaning. You can hear the sirens in the background, no doubt the cavalry has been called.

"Coward."

It's a hiss from the darkness.

"Raph let it go!" Another voice cuts in. You straighten, just barely making out the two figures covered by the shadows.