Special Chapter IV

Anniversary

Manjiro

tw: mention of death

Today's our anniversary and also her anniversary. It's been two years since she passed away. I still remember every memory we shared.

Flashbacks

Kakauwi ko lang galing trabaho and i saw her na nakikipaglaro pa sa mga anak namin. "Daddy!"

I smiled and hugged our kids. Napatingin naman ako sa kanya she smiled at me. "Aga mo mag out." I said and walked towards her.

I kissed her lips and hugged her. "Hmm.. pinayagan kasi ako umuwi agad." She said.

I smiled at her. Tumabi ako sa kanya at pinaglaruan ang kamay niya. "Love." She called.

"Yes?"

"Anong magiging reaction mo if you found out na i am sick? Sample lang ah. Baka isipin mo agad may sakit ako." She said.

I rested my head on her shoulder. "Magpa panic tapos sisisihin ko sarili ko kasi hindi kita inalagaan na maayos." I replied.

Umayos naman siya ng upo and stared at my eyes. "What if i am sick? What will you do?"

That question of her. It feels like there's something na tinatago siya. I cupped her cheeks. "We'll go to the hospital. Magpapa test tayo. Paulit ulit until we confirm na meron talaga. I'll do everything to save you."

She gently smiled at me. "I love you."

I was in the office nung biglang mag ring ang phone ko. I immediately answered it and it was from Ashy. "Oh, anong kailangan mo?"

"Your wife.. she needs you."

Agad akong kinabahan kaya ibinigay ko lahat ng mga gawain kay Draken. Mas importante ang asawa ko kesa sa trabaho ko.

I drove for almost 3 hours and safely arrived at the hospital. Dali dali akong umakyat sa kung saang floor siya and good thing Ashy put her inside a private room.

Pagkabukas ko sa pintuan, i saw her in a hospital bed. She's sleeping. Agad akong lumapit sa kanya and pulled a chair. I held her hand and planted a kiss on it. "I'm here, mahal ko."

"Jiro." Ashy called my name.

"Anong nangyari?" I asked.

"She passed out kanina habang naglalakad siya sa hallway. She's been receiving treatment from the hospital for her heart failure." She replied.

Heart failure?

"Her heart is weak, Jiro." Sambit niya. "She decided na magpa treatment kahit na mahirap. She wants to stay with you."

I looked at my wife. Tangina. "Kailan pa?"

"Last year."

Kaya pala, she's been acting so weird these past few days. "Kaya pala tanong siya nang tanong sa 'kin."

"Ano bang pwedeng gawin to treat her?"

"Surgery. Heart transplant." Sagot niya. "Pero walang do-"

"I'll do it." Sambit ko.

"L-love, no." I heard my wife's voice kaya agad akong tumingin sa kanya. "Wag please."