Chapter 11: Misty Hallucination

The next few days were a wind whirl of haze and confusion, one moment I felt oozing with happiness and the next I set the library on fire out of fury. My grip on reality was slowly fading, mixing with the blissful hallucinations that made me forget everything: My name, Ravka, and my dearest Mal. Days blend into weeks which blend into months, and soon, the concept of time also became fuzzy.

"Where am I?" I asked, looking at the beautiful man with stainless steel eyes that lit up when they met mine.

"You're home Alina," those beautiful eyes looked at me like I'm the only girl in the world.

"Alina?" I tilted my head in confusion.

His lips spread to the most dazzling smile, "You, darling, who else would it be." I nodded stupidly smiling back, I wrapped my arms around him and put my head to his chest. He's so perfect I wanted to cry. His arms snaked around my back, pushing me closer.

"Alina, love."

"Mhm," I was drowning in his smooth charming voice.

"I'm must leave for a few weeks, I cannot take you, dear."

I froze, he must've sensed my stillness as he pulled away taking a closer look at me, "Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

I shook my head, feeling the tears build up, "No no I'm fine. But, why can't you take me along?"

He looked at me sadly, "You're not well dear-"

"No I'm fine, please don't leave me behind. I can't spend a second away from you, I'll suffocate!" I started crying. His arms were soon around mine, desperately trying to calm me.

"No don't cry Alina, I hate to see you cry because of me. I'll take you, I promise!" His smooth voice became haggard as the words rushed out. I looked up at him, eyes gleaming, "Really?"

"Yes dearest, I will never lie to you."

A wave of excitement crashed over me and I was back into his arms, "Oh thank you! I love you Aleksander!" His arms became rigid.

"What's wrong ?" I asked.

"If only it was true..." he murmured, letting me go. Slowly walking away.

"No please, don't leave me! I don't wanna be alone!" My scream slowly etched away, like echoes in a valley as everything went black.

Everything became oddly sharp when I opened my eyes. I could see the fancy chandelier candles, the way light bended when passed through my glass of water, and a headache so bad I closed my eyes immediately after opening them.

"Ouch..." I groaned, clutching my scalp.

A familiar annoying voice spoke up, "Miss, you've been unconscious for a very long time. Ofcourse that empty head of yours is going to hurt a bit."

Needles seemed to pierce through my head at the sound of her voice, "How long?" I gasped out.

"Oh~not that long, only about eight months," her puffy pink lips spread to a smirk.

"Eight-" I stopped at the thought. Eight what? Weeks, days? bananas?

"Eight weeks?" I asked.

Renata stopped smirking, "Are you slow? Eight months sweety pie."

Eight months, eight months? By then Mal and Zoya should have-

I stopped again, was I thinking about something? I tried to concentrate on my previous thought but it seemed to have disappeared like air.

"Miss, why are you scrunching up your face like that? Wrinkles aren't good for the skin," Renata's voice drowned out all my thoughts.

I sighed, "I don't remember."

"Understandable." she says with a careless shrug.

"Huh?"

"You gave our Shadow King you're entire body and soul, now every thought, every word, every dream you have is controlled by him. All for some friends who don't even care for you, if it really worth it? Jeez I'll be-"

But I long stopped listening to Renata's rambling when the beautiful men with stainless steel eyes walked in. My brain stopped functions, ears stop hearing, heart stop beating, everything was him.

A sweet scent of fragrance fills the room, and mist clouds everywhere but his perfect figure.

"Alina dear, how are you?" the saint like figure said to me.

"My head feels like its filled with acid, but it stops as soon as your holy presence walk in," I sighed dreamily, smiling a little too wide.

"Good, looks like our link works pretty well even when you're half conscious."

The mist rises, fragrance become the salty smell of dirty seaweed. I scrunch up my nose.

"Where am I," I demanded.

The Darkling's lips parted into a sinister smile.

"This is our second week on the ship, get ready Alina, tomorrow you can wave hello to Ketterdam."