Chapter 8 - Forgot something

I sat on the floor, kicking the forcefield every now and then, contemplating whether to use my kick, wondering if it'd even break it. I was whistling a random jaunty tune.

Every once and a while Miguel looked back in annoyance, then continued typing reports on his screens, assisted by Lila. I still glitched, but only like once every ten minutes, which wasn't so bad. I mean it sucked, but I was getting used to the pain.

He had told me he has sent an elite team to Miles' universe, and gave a quick interrogation for information as to where he could be hiding. To no avail, of course. He just got annoyed and started ignoring me.

I had been sitting doing nothing for A couple of hours and I was getting hungry. My stomach began to growl and I banged the back of my head on the red walls. "Hungry?" I hear a hushed voice behind me whisper. I whip my head round to see... Hobie? "No need to look so startled. Jeez, is my face that scary?" He chuckles lowly.

I place my hands on the walls, ignoring the static running through my fingers. He looks at them and smirks. Miguel turns his head to check on me, as I had gone quiet all of a sudden. He gasps and puts his mask back on his head, and pounced towards Hobie. "YOU!!!" He shouts. "Stand back, doll! Cover your pretty little ears!" Hobie yelled before taking a few steps back.

I lightly cover my ears and he rapidly plays a quick tune on his guitar. The sound was ear splitting. When I opened my eyes, I saw the forcefield had been blown through. Hobie grabs my arm and quickly slaps the bootleg watch on. A wave of relief washed over me, like a massive knot in my chest just broke open.

Miguel jumped at both of us, shooting a web at my leg. I try to dodge, but he was faster and yanked me towards him. I saw Hobie's eye twitch slightly and when Miguel grabbed my ankle, holding me upside down like a fucking fish, Hobie sprinted towards us. I start to thrash harshly in his grip and slap his face multiple times before just straight up punching it. I then swung my other leg around to his side, winding him slightly. He then dropped me on my head.

I didn't think about the pain, I just ripped the red cord from my ankle, leaving a red mark and grabbed Hobie's hand again. His hand engulfed mine, and held firmly but gently. He was giggling at the fact I knocked him over with a kick. The giggle grew into a full on belly laugh, and he both ran holding hands into the cafeteria.

"Act normal." He whispers in my ear. "Because in three... Two... One..."

"ALL UNITS STOP HOBIE BROWN AND Y/N O'HARA!" I heard everyone's watch yell. Everyone's head whips around to us. "Oh shit."

Hobie stayed gripped onto my waist as I swung us through the labyrinth of glass and plaster. "Just letting you know, I'm only holding on because my web shooters are-" a random cat flies past "out of commission..."

I roll my eyes and look down to the watch. I dodged and dove and did all sorts of somersaults and cartwheels, but still kept my eyes focused on the small buttons.

"Where we going?" Hobie asks, still gripping tight onto my waist. "Hopefully somewhere with a nice meal?" I say, smiling.
"1610 sounds nice, eh?"
"Hm. I agree."

With that, I press the appropriate buttons and we both jump through the portal before anyone, including Miguel, catches up.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: On holiday until the 30th, so the updates will be slow and short. Sorry!