Chapter 11: Aftermath

Five hours have passed since Snowball left the two pups after snapping Skye's back and beating the soul out of Chase. As Chase was passed out on the ground only Skye saw when the rest of the team came to their rescue. Chase woke up at the veterinarian. He was disoriented. "Where am I?" He asked. Marshals stepped in front of him then laid down to be at his level. "Glad you woke up. You looked in a bad shape when we found you two." Marshall said. "What happened? All I can remember is that Snowball bit into Skye and then the rest is blurry." Chase asked. "Well you got bit up by Snowball. I believe he tried to end you." Marshall said. "Don't say that!" A voice yelled. Chase turned towards the sound. It was Skye resting on the other side of the room. "You saw with your own eyes what Snowball did Skye! He left you paralyzed. How can you still believe he didn't meant any harm?" Zuma argued with her. "Wait a minute. Paralyzed?" Chase asked. "Yeah. Just like Rex she lost he ability to use her hind legs. And you lost an eye." Rubble said. "I found a glass eye that fit. Katie implanted it but, well it's not the real thing." Rocky continued. Chase stood up and saw his broken leg. "And he broke my let too. Fantastic." Chase let out. Marshall and Rocky stood by his side and helped him to Skye. "How do you feel?" He asked. "Can't feel my legs. But the pain killer is doing his job so it's somewhat okay." She replied. Just then Coral barged in and looked around to find Skye. "Skye! I came as fast as I could." Coral said rushing to her and hugging her. Coral was followed by Moby. "Moby? What are you doing here?" Rocky asked. "Well I turned Coral into a land pup and came to see Skye and Chase." Moby replied. He walked up to the injured pups and stood in front of them. "Are you two okay?" He asked.  "As fine as we can be." Skye replied. "You know it was a mistake to try and take care of a wolf." Moby said. "We can agree on that." A voice said from behind Moby. It was the twins, the Cat Pack, Everest and Tracker. "I don't know what made you think it was a good idea but clearly you were wrong." Wild said. "Leave her alone Wild." Chase said. "I don't mean to be rude Chase but this was a dumb idea. He could have killed you two." Wild replied. "He was not gonna do that. Not Skye at least. Snowball stopped when Skye begged him to stop. He has problems with his instincts. They are overtaking him. We have to find him." Chase stood up. "No you won't do that!" Everest yelled at him. This staggered the crowd. Even Rex and Al were shocked and they just entered the room. "Wrong time?" Rex asked. "Oh you two came too." Rocky said. "When I heard what happened I took a day off immediately and rushed here." "And I brought my old wheelchair." Rex said making the room turn to him and collectively looking strangely at him. "Ryder asked me to." Rex said to ease the situation. "Anyway. You and Skye stay right here and recover." Everest justified her earlier outburst. "He is our son Everest. We have to find him." Skye said trying to get up but Coral pushed her back to the bed. "You stay right there cousin. I won't let you go to that beast." Coral let out. "Also he will be fine. He is a wolf. Ain't no way he can't survive on his own." Zuma said. "You are wrong." Everest said. The room went absolutely silent. "He has instincts but no training. No knowledge on how to be a wolf. He is not gonna make it." Everest said. "So you agree with them on letting that beast come back?!" Rory asked. "Listen. None of you have experience with wolves. I used to live in a wolf pack. I know everything about them. I believe I can teach him how to be a wolf. But a wild animal can't be tamed. Instincts can't be suppressed. All I can guarantee is that I can teach him how to survive. But he is the one to decide if he wants to come back and live with you guys or not." Everest explained turning to Chase and Skye halfway through her monologue. Skye motioned for her to get closer and Everest did. "Teach him how to survive and bring him back to us. At least we can say goodbye to him." Skye said tears rushing down her face. "I will." Everest said. "I'll help you find him." Tracker said. "Thank you. I might need your help. Let's go." Everest said and Tracker stood up and they walked out. From behind them a good luck was heard.