07

We went back to Nancy's house to all sleepover. No way in hell we're we gonna be able to sleep alone tonight.

As Nancy went to wash up in her restroom me and Jonathan were laying out sleeping bags. "I wonder what she saw." I said breaking our silence. "Yeah." he replied. "Jon, I have something to tell you." As he looked up at me he cocked and eyebrow. "What is it?"

    "Well, a few days ago I had this weird dream that I woke up in my room and it was dark and cold. I had went to change the temperature but it wouldn't budge then all of a sudden some 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 jumped through my window and attacked me. Then I woke up. What if, what if that's what we are looking for." he was in utter shock from my words.

As we both stayed quiet we heard the door open and saw Nancy walk in. "You okay?" I asked her as she nodded. "Are you two fine with sleeping on the floor?" "yeah." I said as Jonathan nodded.

We settled in the sleeping bags and just stared at the ceiling for a while. "Could you two just come up here?" as we both got up we made our way and squeezed into Nancy's queen sized bed.

"Lights off?" Jonathan asked as she shook her head. "You know it can't get us in here. right?" He asked as she looked at both of us. "What if it can though." she said. 𝑴𝒚 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎. As I managed to find a comfortable spot in between them I fell asleep.

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

I woke up to nancy looking through some papers. "You okay?" I asked. "Couldn't sleep." she said looking up from the papers. Poor girl. I would be terrified as well.

Finally Jonathan had woken up as well and we all started talking about Nancy and where she was last night. "It was feeding there. Feeding on that deer. That means that if Will and Barbra.." she couldn't finish her sentence but we all knew where it was headed.

    "Hey my mom said she talked to will. If he's alive there's a chance barbara is, too." "That means that she's trapped in that place. We have to find it again." Nancy said cutting him off. "You wanna go back there?" I asked her as she looked at me. "Maybe we don't have to. When I saw it, it was feeding on that deer. Meaning that it's-"

"A predator." I said cutting her off. "Right. And it seems to hunt at night like a, lion or a coyote. But it doesn't hunt in packs like them. It's always 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆." She finished saying. "And remember at Steve's when Barb cut herself? And last night, the deer." "It was bleeding too." Jonathan and I said at the same time.

"It's like a shark." I said grabbing the book. "They can detect blood from miles away. Theoretically it can detect blood." I said looking up at the two.

"We could test it." Jonathan said looking at us. "But if it works-" "At least we will know it's coming." We all said in union.

We jumped at the door rattling in Nancy's room. Hearing Ms. Wheeler talking to Nancy from outside her door she had a small conversation with her. "Okay i'll be down in a second." She said with a relieved sigh.

Looking back at the two I noticed they were holding hands. Hm. Maybe it's just cause we are all spooked right now.

"Your mom doesn't knock?" Jonathan let out as we all softly chuckled.

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

We made it to a hunting shop to by stuff to prepare ourselves for what mess we were getting into. I stayed along Nancy's side to try and get closer like how we were when we were younger.

"So how's you and Harrington?" I asked. "We're good I guess." She said with a tight lipped smile. "What about you and Jonathan? Is there something there?" I turned to her with wide eyes. "No way in hell! Me and Jon just have been close since we were little cause of our moms." "Right sorry." She said chuckling.

"Man I didn't think I would be here right now." "What? Hanging out and picking a couple of bear traps with me and Jonathan?" I said and she nodded laughing. "Well, Welcome to the losers club." I said with a smile. "Losers club? She questioned. "You know the unpopular ones. But i mean we're pretty cool if i'm being honest people just tend to judge quickly." I said with a shrug. Her smiling we made our way to pay with Jonathan.

We were getting looks by the cashier as we set everything on the counter. "Where you kids heading with this stuff." As Jonathan and Nancy looked frantically I said "Monster hunting." boldly with a tight lipped smile.

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Walking out the store we made our way to put our stuff in Jonathan's trunk. "Monster hunting?" He asked with a chuckle. "What? is that not what we're doing?" I asked as Nancy giggled behind me. I put a shovel in I had bought in the store for self defense, you know.

Closing the trunk a car passed by with Reed in it "Hey Nance, can't wait to see your movie."As he laughed we looked at each other in confusion. "The hell was that?" Jonathan asked as Nancy replied just as confused as he was.

"Nance?" I asked as the girl looked behind me and Jonathan. As she started walking away fast me and Jonathan after her to see what was wrong. "Nancy! Wait for us!" I yelled as we ran across the street trying to avoid traffic.

Noticing the Hawkins Movie theaters sign it read 'All The Right Moves Starring Nancy The Slut Wheeler' "What the fuck." I noticed her in utter shock and rubbed her shoulder.

Hearing a few people laughing in the alley Nancy followed the sound as I followed right behind her.

"You! It was you. You fucking asshole, do you have no fucking respect for anybody!" I yelled as I saw none other than Steve Harrington with his two idiots.

"Aw hey there princess! Looks like you brought little Emerson with you." Carol said with a smart voice. "Uh oh they look upset." Tommy said laughing behind them.

As I glared at Steve Nancy slapped him in the face. Carol Tommy and Nicole were all shocked. "What is wrong with you, you dick." I yelled as he yelled back at me. "Whats wrong with me? What's wrong with you?"

He turned over to nancy. "I was worried about you. I can't believe I was actually worried about you." I was fuming with anger.

I blocked out all of them talking. I just couldn't believe how much of a dick Steven Harrington actually was.

Jonathan had gotten there a few minutes earlier. "You know what and i'm not even surprised your here either Ashley. You just like that queer over there. Who knows your probably like him since he's the only one you ever hang around. Your a weirdo just like him." My eyes got watery, not just cause I was hurt but more because I was angry.

He started picking on Jonathan and Nancy tried dragging me away while I kept glaring at Steve. "But the Byers, their family, it's a disgrace to the entire-" I had enough of his shit.

As I pushed Jonathan out of the way I grabbed Steve's jacket and punched him right in the nose sending him to slightly stumble back in pain.

"Holy shit." Carol said. Looking at him dead in the eye I saw him come running up to me and felt someone push me hard to the side of the alley making me fall.

It was Jonathan pushing me out the way so Steve wouldn't hit me. He hit Steve pretty good, and they were both going at hit. I felt a scrape on my hand from the street as Nancy came to help me off the ground.

As she was yelling for them to stop fighting I just watched the whole thing quietly. Once I heard the police I knew we had to go. "Jonathan get off of him!" I started yelling.

The police showed up a few seconds later pushing me to the side trying to get the boys off of each other.

Powell had slammed Jonathan on the head of the car putting handcuffs on him. "Watch it!" I yelled at him.

As he turned to me he made a face "Watch your mouth Emerson. I don't need your uncle trying to kill me for putting cuffs on you." Shutting my mouth me and Nancy waited on the side watching them shove Jonathan in the car.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

𝑯𝒊𝒊 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒃𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒆 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒕!