01

So darling darling, stand by me. oh. stand by me.. My music filling my ears. The Hawkins air brushing against my skin. My bike jingling from the contact of the pavement.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

I made it to Hawkins high school to start my morning. Parking my bike I made my way into the school. Feeling a hand brush against my shoulder I jumped and turned. "Jonathan, holy shit dude." I complained as the boy chuckled. "Sorry Ashley." Jonathan was one of my many friends I have been close with since I was smaller. The others i've kinda distanced from over the years..

   "What you listening to?" As Jonathan asked I gave him my head set to listen. Rolling his eyes he gave the head set back to me. "That same song again?" I furrowed my eyebrows as he questioned me. "Um yes, Stand by me is literally my favorite song, you know that." I said while he threw his hands up in defense.

Hearing the bell ring we looked at each other and noticed we weren't near our lockers and would be late. Both of us laughing at it we hurried to our lockers and went our separate ways to our classes.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Walking into class I spotted the three idiots I didn't wanna see. Tommy H, Carol, and none other than the Steve 'The Hair' Harrington. They are a bunch of rich assholes that tend to pick on people to make them feel good about themselves.

As I went to go to my seat - my teacher assigned for us at the beginning of the school year - I sat behind Steve. As class begun I brought out my notebook and supplies while I continued listening to music.

A few minutes later I heard a tapping on my desk. Looking up I made eye contact with steve. "Hey um, do you have an extra pencil?" he asked. Looking at him for a few seconds more I nodded and reached for my bag to get another pencil "Here." I said handing him the pencil. As he gave me a small smile we both got back to finishing

Once class finished I packed my stuff and made my way out of class to my locker. I heard my name being called out faintly in the hall so I turned to see who it was. It was Steve I saw behind me. Letting him catch up to me he walked my way. "Here Emerson, your pencil." he said giving the pencil to me. "You could've kept it with you but uh, thanks I guess. As he nodded he walked past me and we went our separate ways.

School had just ended and I decided to grab some money and go to the comic book store for a bit to by some time. Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will have a campaign today so I decided maybe I would surprise them with a few comic books to be a nice babysitter of course.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

After buying the comics I made my way to the Wheelers house. By the time I was almost there it had pretty much gotten dark and cooler by then. The air was much colder than it was this morning.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Dropping my bike in the Wheelers lawn I made my way to their doorstep. Ms, Wheeler answered with a bright smile like always. "Hi Ashley, did you need something?" I gave the woman a kind smile back. "No Ms, Wheeler, I just went to buy the boys a little something and I heard they were having a campaign so I decided to come over if that's okay." As she brought me in the house she closed the door behind her. "Awe, that's so nice of you, but yes your welcome anytime Ashley. The boys are in the basement." as I have her a smile back I made my way down to the basement.

Quietly walking down the stairs I heard Mike in his narrating voice and the rest of the boys giggling. "No, that sound it's something else it's the. The-" "The Demogorgon!" I yelled cutting Mike off as I scared all the boys. "Ashley!" they all yelled running and giving me big, warm, welcoming hugs. "Hey guys, I brought you all a little surprise." I smiled handing them the bag of comics. "Woah." "Thanks so much Ashley." "Your the best." "These are the limited edition ones what the hell!" they all yelled in excitement. "Watch your language. But your welcome. How's the campaign going?" I laughed at their comments. "Good we have been playing for ten hours straight." I chuckled in shock. "That's a long while. Go ahead and continue i'll watch." I said sitting down on the couch.

Watching the boys play their favorite game made me so happy. They were doing something they loved and having the most fun out of it. Will had threw a fire ball but the dice had bounced off the table. "Shit!" Dustin yelled as they scattered across the floor looking for the dice. As I was helping him I heard Ms, Wheeler yelling for Mike. "Oh I got it." Will exclaimed. "Does a seven count?" he asked as I shrugged and Lucas answered. "A seven? Did Mike see it?" Will shook his head. "Then it doesn't count." Lucas continued.

As they were getting ready to leave I helped them clean up their mess they left. Walking up the stairs Dustin looked at us with a pizza box. "Does anyone want this?" "No." we all said leaving me chuckling at Dustin's rolling eyes.

As I was saying goodbye to Mr, and Ms, Wheeler I met with the boys outside. "Okay guys make sure to get home safe i'll see you later." I said. "Thanks Ashley you too." They boys responded as they left off on their bike.

Once Mike had walked back in his house I made my way back to mine. The air hitting my skin again made me get chills. Midway I heard a strange sound. As I stopped to turn around I saw nothing. I decided it would be best if I hurried back home so my parents wouldn't be worried about me.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Getting home I realized my mom was asleep already so I decided to take a quick shower and go to sleep for school tomorrow.

𝑯𝒊 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒕. 𝑰𝒇𝒚 𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒘𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍.