03

The next day felt weird.. I guess that's just what happens when you wake up from a party.

Thinking back to last night I remember Steve dropped me off at home. He seemed, different. Nicer, more caring of me.

Maybe it's just cause he wasn't feeling great

As I walked into school I bumped into Jonathan. "So how was he?" He asked me.

"How was who?" I said lifting an eyebrow. "Steve, at the party, he left without Nance." Jonathan said.

"Oh right, he was um. Fine I guess, he was hurting. Badly." I said scratching my neck. "How's Nance?" I asked.

"She was out of it last night. I had to carry her into her room." he said rubbing he's eyes. "Shit. Didn't think she would be much of a drinker." I said making Jonathan chuckle as he pushed me lightly.

"Ima head to class, i'll see you later." he said as I waved goodbye.

                                      𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Grabbing some books out of my locker I felt a shadow come over me.

Turning I saw him, the new guy. "Hey there." he said. Furrowing my eyebrows I answered him. "Hi."

"A little shy now are we? I'm Billy, Billy Hargrove." he said sticking out his hand. "Ashley Emerson." I said shaking his hand.

"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said with a small chuckle.

Getting a bit flustered I shook my head. "I wouldn't say beautiful but uh, thank you." He made a face.

  "Your stunning, who wouldn't want such a perfect girl like you." he said as he softly lifted my chin to make eye contact with him.

Hearing the bell I backed away a little to close my locker. "I better get going before i'm late.." I said pulling a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Alright then i'll see you around." Billy said with a wink.

Weird..

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

During my lunch break I was sitting on the roof of  Jonathan car with him and Nance. "So, he asked you to take me home?"

"Yeah. Yeah, he was upset. I mean, he was...he was really upset." Jonathan said as I looked up at him taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"But he was still worried about you." Nancy's face filled with sadness. Sitting up I rubbed her shoulder.

"Hey, you need to cut yourself some slack. People say stupid things whenever they are wasted. Things they don't mean." I said trying to comfort her.

"Yeah, but that's the thing. What if I did mean it? All this time, I've been trying so hard to pretend like everything's fine, but it's not. I feel like there's this.."

"Like there's this weight you're carrying around with you." Jonathan finished for her as we both turned to him.

"I feel it too." I said looking at her. "It's different for you. Will came home." 

"Yeah. Yeah, he did. But he's not the same. I try to be there for him you know, to help him, but..I don't know." Jonathan said as we both looked at him.

"I mean maybe things..just can't go back to the way they were." I said making them both turn to me. "Doesn't that make you mad?"

"Mad?" "Yeah that those.. those people who did this, ruined so many lives, they just get away with it." Nancy said with aggression in her voice.

  "The people responsible for this... are dead." "We don't know that, not for sure atleast." I said after Jonathan.

  Sitting back down while I tried finishing my sandwich Nancy spoke up. "Your moms boyfriend, he works at radio shack right?" "Yeah. Why?" Jonathan replied after.

"What are you thinking..?" I said from behind them. "Do you guys wanna skip fourth period?" She said looking at the both of us. "I can't, gotta finish up some work. I'll see you guys later." I said sliding down the car waving goodbye to my friends.

Not only did I have work to catch up on, but I also didn't wanna be near Nance. Especially after her boyfriend gave me a ride home and he couldn't even take her home.

It just didn't seem right.

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

   Trying to finish the rest of the day was oddly boring. Once the bell had rang I grabbed my bike and rode home.

It started to get a bit cloudy on the way so I figured I would take a warm bath once I got home.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Noticing myself in bed I looked through my window and it was dark. I had fell asleep..

Looking around the room I figured it was best I should just go back to sleep.

                                    𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

𝐇𝐢 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞! 𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐣𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!