01

OᑕTOᗷᗴᖇ 30, 1984

It's been a year since the tragedy we all been through last year. We have all recovered a bit from the things that traumatized us a few months back.

Yet it still haunts us.

Will hasn't recovered fully and keeps having episodes, Jonathan and Joyce's anxiety is always through the roof about Will's protection, and I still have nightmares from that Demagorgan sometimes.

It's been rough but we've managed to pull through, all of us.

𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

While I was studying I sang along to my music blasting through my ear drums. "Ashley! Someone's been ringing the phone several times already! Check who it is!" my mom called out.

Lowering my music I went down the hall to answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Um did you not remember about today?" "Mike? And what do you mean it's Saturday." I questioned trying to remember what the certain 'Plan' I had today.

"You're supposed to come with us to the arcade. You promised!" The boy said with an annoyed tone.

Furrowing my brows I ran to the calendar with Mike still on the phone. As I scanned the month of October I read 'Watching the party at the arcade'. "Shit! I'll be there as soon as possible. Bye!" I said quickly as I hung up the phone.

Biking to my destination I felt the cold breeze hit against my rose tinted cheeks. Parking my bike in the bike rack I ran inside. "Sorry i'm late guys. I forgot I was supposed to watch you guys today." I said out of breath as I ran to them playing Dragon's Lair.

"Finally you're here. Your about to see me win Princess Daphne's heart!" Dustin said with a grin. Rolling my eyes I turned to the screen.

As we all yelled at Dustin while playing the game he noticed the game pause. "No, no no no no. No! This overpriced piece of bullshit!" He yelled seeing he lost.

"You're not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day. But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine." Lucas said cooing over the game character.

Boys, Idiots.

"Whatever. I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug."

"You sure about that?" A voice interrupted Dustin.

As we all turned we saw Keith holding a bag of Cheeto Puffs, a worker at the arcade that also goes to my school. He's kinda weird but i'm not one to judge.

    "Sure about what?" Dustin questioned. All of us looking at each other Dustin's eyes filled with worry.

Pushing us out of the way the boys ran to Dig Dug. Following them I apologized to the other kids they bumped into. "No!" Dustin yelled. "751,300 points!" "That's impossible." the boys yelled.

"Mad Max?" I questioned reading the new top score belonged to. "Who is Mad Max?" Dustin questioned. "Better than you." Keith said making Dustin flip him off.

"Is it you?" "You know I despise Dig Dug." Keith scoffed at Will's question. "Then who is it?" "Yeah, spill it, Keith." The boys said as I looked at Keith myself wanting to know.

"You want information, then I need something in return." Keith said with his eyes landed on Mike.

Knowing what he wanted Mike shook his head. "No. No, i'm not getting you a date with her!" He argued. "Mike come on, it's for a good cause!" "I'm not prostituting my sister!"