04

Sitting at the kitchen table I stared at my plate while my mom made breakfast.

   "Why are you so quiet sweetie? Aren't you usually with Jonathan at this time?" Looking up from my plate I shrugged.

   While my mom put the food on my plate I thought it would be a good idea to go check if Nancy and Jonathan were finally back.

   Eating my food in a rush I placed the plate in the sink.

   Rushing to my room I went to throw on a white long sleeve, flared jeans, converse and a navy blue zip up.

   I brushed out my hair and pulled my front strands behind my ears.

   Walking out my room I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Im going to see if Nancy is home, i'll talk to you later ma." I said.

   "Be careful-!" I heard her voice cut out as I closed the door. Picking up my bike from the front yard I started biking to the Wheelers house.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

    Just as I got off my bike I heard someone behind me. "Dustin?"

   "Hey Ash, is Mike home?" the boy asked. "I have no idea I came to see if Nancy was around."

   I said shrugging as Dustin grabbed my hand and led me to the door. "Come on let's see."

  As Dustin rang the door bell almost 10 times I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

  Finally after a few minutes Mr. Wheeler opened the door. "Your line has been busy for over two hours, Mr. Wheeler. Do you realize this?"

  "Oh, I do realize." Mr. wheeler said replying to Dustin.

   Awkwardly scratching the back of my neck Dustin asked "Is Mike home?"

   "No"

   "No? Well, where the hell is he?" As Mr. Wheeler let out a deep sigh he turned to look in the house.

   "Karen, where's our son?" "Will's" Said the woman in the back faintly.

  "Will's." The man turned back to us and said.

   "No one's picking up there." Dustin said with a sigh. "What about Nancy?" I asked.

   "Karen, where's Nancy?" The man turned again asking his wife. "Ally's!" Ms. Wheeler yelled with a bit of aggression.

   "Ally's. Our children don't live here anymore. You didn't know that?" Letting out a loud sigh Dustin spoke up.

   "Seriously?"

   "Am I done here?" Mr. Wheeler asked the both of us. "Son of a bitch. You're really no help at all you know that?" Dustin said walking away.

  "Hey, language." Mr. Wheeler said looking at the boy walk away. "I'm super sorry to bother you Mr. Wheeler, have a good day." I said nervously smiling as I ran to catch up with Dustin.

   "Dustin, wait!" I said as we both saw a car pull up.

   Taking a closer look we saw Steve getting out the truck while Dustin started walking towards him.

   As I followed behind Dustin called for him. "Steve, are those for Mr. or Ms. Wheeler?" He asked signaling to the flowers Steve had is his hand nicely with a paper wrapped around.

   "No." He replied as Dustin swiped the flowers from his hands. "Good."

   "Hey. What the hell? Hey!" Steve called out to Dustin as he looked at me and looked back to Dustin next to his car.