05

A part of me was frozen. The news I just received from Jonathan. There was no way. How? Why? "Ashley, are you still there?" Jonathan said on the other end of the phone.

  "Y- yeah i'm here." I replied with my nose getting runny and eyes forming with tears. "I'm gonna let you go. I know how hard this is for you. I'm here for you Jonathan, please do know that." I said after there was a short pause. "Yeah, thanks Ash." as soon as he said that the phone went silent.

Tears started pouring from my eyes. Will Byers was pronounced 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅.

The sweet innocent little boy my best friend was siblings with. The boy I babysat since he was younger. The boy who showed me 'Should I stay or should I go'. The little boy that brightened up the day with his adorable smile. The boy I cared most about, was gone. I couldn't take it anymore. As I curled up in my bed I cried till I fell asleep.

𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

The morning was dreadful. I had to force myself up. I grabbed a sweater and baggy jeans and put my hair in a ponytail.

I wasn't here mentally. I couldn't be here mentally. How could I? This poor little boy that i'm supposed to watch over and take care of is dead. And if i would've been the good babysitter I was, it wouldn't have happened. I wasn't the cause of death, but i'm just so pissed I didn't keep my promise of watching over him and making sure nothing happened to him, or to anyone of the boys.

I was alone at school today. I figured Jonathan was grieving with Joyce and getting stuff ready for, his funeral.

𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Once I was about to leave school I felt someone grab my shoulder. Turning around I saw Steve. As I furrowed my eyebrows I tried walking away.

"Ashley wait." he said grabbing my wrist. "What." I said flatly. "Look I just. I, I wanted to apologize." he said looking at me. "Apologize?" I scoffed. "Apologize for what, being a dick?" "Emerson-" "No Steve, don't fucking Emerson me. Look I know jonathan had no right taking pictures of you and Nancy, but that doesn't mean You have to be a fucking asshole about it okay? That camera meant the world to him, and he's going through shit right now. Can't you just fucking grow the hell up and quit your shit?"

I had no idea what I had just let out of me. I snapped. "I-" as he tried speaking I cut him off. "Stay out of my way Harrington." Storming out of school I hopped on my bike and took a ride throughout town to cool off.

𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

My music was helping me as well. After each song played one by one I heard a sweet melody. '𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌." I felt a smile creep into my lips. '𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒎𝒆.' as I started singing along with the music I felt free. My mind was blocked from any problem i've currently been in.

I had decided to head home after a while to plan an outfit tomorrow for wills funeral. Knowing he's gone makes it even worse. I won't ever get to see that smile of his that brightens my day anymore. I just, gotta get through it.

                                   𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒌 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒐 <3