02

Reading the date on the calendar it showed 'October 31' which meant it was the one night of the year where everyone my age dressed up and partied.

   While I got ready for school I was still debating if I should go to the party or not.

    If I was gonna go I had to convince Jonathan to come with me.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

"Please Jonathan! Maybe we will have fun if we go to this." I begged him while he was getting stuff from his locker.

"Are you seriously thinking about going to this party Ash? It's gonna just be full of assholes that we don't even know."

"But this is our chance to be like normal teenagers Jon. Not stuck in our house like usual." I argued crossing my arms.

  "Why don't you just go with Nancy?" I furrowed my brows at his question. "Um yeah and third wheel? Hell no, I'm only going if your going with me."

Seeing him roll his eyes he closed his locker. "I'll think about it." Smiling we heard the bell ring and walked to class.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

Once I got home I made myself some little sweet treats to munch on and put on a scary movie to watch.

Mid movie I heard the phone ring. "Hello?" "I'm coming over to pick you up."

"Jonathan?" "Yeah it's me. You wanted to go to Tina's party didn't you?" Smiling through the phone I knew we were going.

"I'll be ready before you get here." I said as I hung up the phone.

Sliding down the hallway into my room I looked through my closet for a costume. Finding some white shorts I had the perfect idea.

Grabbing the shorts I found a long sleeve collared shirt and some long white socks. Putting the outfit on I let my hair loose and grabbed a pair of sun glasses.

Looking through the mirror I knew this was the perfect costume.

Hearing the door bell ring I grabbed my white high tops and walked to the door. Opening the door Jonathan was revealed with a strange look on his face.

"What are you wearing."

"A halloween costume, duh." I said lifting the sunglasses from my nose to the top of my head.

Rolling his eyes he walked to his car as I followed him closing the front door.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

As we drove into the party we noticed there was a lot more people there than we expected. "Holy shit-" Both me and Jonathan made eye contact with each other and looked back at the crowd.

"Well, let's party." I said as we both got out the truck. Walking in we saw people puking outside the house, people shotgunning cans of alcohol, and a certain someone who was with Tommy H. The guy that almost ran me over with his car.

Looking at him we both made eye contact.

Looking away I walked into the house with Jonathan. Walking around I saw some girl come up to Jonathan which made me give him a smirk. Nudging his shoulder I let them talk and wondered off to find Steve and Nancy.

"Woah look who showed up! Risky Business?" Steve questioned my costume as I nodded. I could tell Nancy was a little drunk by her eyes fluttering open lightly.

As I notice her trying to get another cup of liquid I saw Steve trying to stop her with a little irritation on his face.

"Nance come on-" He said as he spilled the cup of liquid on her costume. Everyone's head turned to the scene and i slowly lifted my glasses to my head.

As Nancy walked away to the restroom I saw Steve following her and I went to find Jonathan.

I noticed he was still talking to the girl so I stayed close to him trying to not bother their conversation.

  A few minutes passed by and I noticed Steve walk passed by me hitting my shoulder softly trying to leave quickly.

Both me and Jonathan looking at each other we knew something was wrong. I followed Steve as Jonathan looked for Nancy.

Walking outside the house I found Steve walking to his car. Running after him I called out his name. "Steve! Steve wait!" I yelled as he turned and waited for me.

As I caught up to him I noticed his eyes were tinted red. "Steve? Are you okay?" I asked the boy and a fit of sniffles came out.

"Apparently i'm bullshit." Giving him a confused look my lips parted. "What do you mean?"

"Nance said we were bullshit and that I was bullshit. Oh and apparently we aren't in love." He said as he walked to his car opening the door.

Still following him I stopped him from going inside his car. "What are you talking about? Steve, Nancy is obviously drunk I don't think she would mean those things."

Noticing him looking around frantically I put a hand on his shoulder as both of our eyes met. "Just relax Steve. Nancy wouldn't do that to you."

As we looked at each other for a while I broke the eye contact by turning away. "Do you need a ride?" He asked as I nodded.

Walking around to the other side of the car I opened the door and got in.

                                  𐬾🝮🜚⚘☾𐬾

The drive was silent while there was music softly playing in the background. I wanted to break the awkward but I knew it was best if I should leave Steve alone for a bit.

Arriving to my house I collected my things and opened the door. "Wait Ash." I heard the boy call me with his low tone.

Turning I met with his eyes. "I'm sorry I kinda lashed out. I didn't mean it, really. I'm just upset about what Nancy said." Giving him a small smile I understood him completely.

"Don't worry about it. I completely understand where your coming from. Just try not to worry so much about it. Try and talk it out with her Harrington. I know how much this girl means to you." I said pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

As he smiled back at me I opened the door. "Oh and thanks for the ride Harrington. I'll see you at school." I said waving as I got off the car and walked to my front porch.

Making it to my door I turned around and saw Steve's car there still. Smiling softly I walked into my dark house, went to my room and fell asleep.

𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬! 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐤𝐰!