Chapter 32 - Consequences

Third Person PoV

Tiffany was walking across the lobby of her office when the janitor suddenly dropped his mop. The janitor apologized countless times before he took the mop from the floor and continued to bow, avoiding looking straight into Tiffany's face.

Tiffany didn't realize there was a group of interns behind her and accidentally kicked the bucket of water that the janitor used to clean the floor. They yelled at the janitor and continued to ridicule him. Tiffany raised an eyebrow as the interns began to curse the man for doing a poor job.

"It's fine. You may leave."

Tiffany smiled at the janitor. The janitor nodded, but before he left, the interns lightly pushed Tiffany's shoulder.

"What are you doing? He should be cleaning the floor before he goes! Do you want some time to trip or something?!"

The janitor contemplates if he should leave or not.

"It's fine. You may leave but leave the mop here."

Tiffany finally turned around and faced the group of interns.

"I was hoping that you all would clean the floor. You made a mess; you should clean them up. What are you waiting for? Start cleaning."

The interns scoffed before poking on Tiffany's chest.

"You must be one of those accountants who doesn't seem to know its place in this company. Don't you know who I am?"

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder. She was not supposed to be in the office today since she had the day off, but she forgot something in her office.

"Should I know who you are?"

One of the interns scoffed and introduced herself together with his family name. Tiffany laughed before shaking her head.

"I'll remember that name. Anyway, what are you all waiting for? Start cleaning the floor. Take those clothes and start scrubbing. I want to see my reflection on the floor."

The intern, who introduced himself as Jimmy, couldn't believe what he heard.

"Woman, you're going to regret this. How dare someone like you order me around? My father will talk with the CEO of this company!"

Tiffany laughed. It's been a while since she had fun dealing with clueless people.

"Is that so? Okay. But still, what are you waiting for? Get those clothes and start scrubbing. You're interns, are you not? Start cleaning now!"

Tiffany raised her voice, and that made the interns surprised. The passerby couldn't help but get curious about what was happening. Some workers knew those interns would be in trouble since they messed with the wrong person.

"Why are you glaring at me? Are those hands for show? Start scrubbing, now!"

Tiffany raised her voice and gained more attention from those walking by.

"What's going on?! I thought I told you guys to get the documents I need!"

Jimmy was glad when the department head came to see what was happening. He started complaining before pointing his fingers at Tiffany. The department head was shocked before he apologized to Tiffany.

"Why are you apologizing to this bitch?! Didn't you hear what I just said? This bitch told us to clean the floor! My father will not be happy when he knows this. Aren't you afraid of what my father can do, sir? You're done for."

The department head sighed.

"Even your father listen to this woman's order, young master. This woman you called bitch is Tiffany Astoria, the chairwoman of this company. She is also the next head of the Astoria Conglomerate. You should apologize and do what she asked you to do."