Chapter 22: Sophie

That night I finally had a decent night of sleep. I refused Edaline's sedatives because I was afraid that I was going to sleep in to long. Even though everything was going down at 3:00, I made a mental goal to wake up before noon.

I woke up at 10:00 A.M. sharpe. I mentally cheered because I could hang out with Keefe.

I ate breakfast and changed, making sure I packed dozens of daggers and throwing stars. Then I leaped to Everglen, where all my friends were eating Mallowmelt without me.

"Really." I called to my friends.

They all turned to face me and smiled.

"BLONDIE!" Ro practically screamed, as she ran up to me and hugged me so tight I couldn't breath. "They ate all of the gooey cake stuff before we could get some. And I wanted to put some in Lumpy Hairs hair and make him Lord Lumpy hair again."

Keefe gasped and pretended to look offended.

She finally let me go as I gasped for breath. "Did you guys really eat all of the Mallowmelt?" I asked, wishing that I could have had some.

They all nodded and looked away as I sighed.

"Don't worry Foster," Keefe said "you could have some of mine."

He held his plate towards me "I'm fine. Thanks Keefe."

I pecked him on the cheek, making him turn slightly pink.

Tam snickered.

Biana was cuddled in Tam's arms, and Fitz... Fitz was holding Linh in his.

"You guys are dating?!" I asked, shocked.

They both turned red as Linh stated "Last night after everyone left we talked, and we became a couple."

Tam and Dex didn't look to happy about it, and sent looks at Fitz.

We talked about everything but the attack later. Fitz and I went on good terms with each other. Biana tried soooo hard to let her give me a makeover, but I begged and convinced her not to. Dex admitted that he had a crush on Marella and that he was going to ask her to be a couple later.

We were having so much fun, that I completely forgot about the Neverseen. Finally Mr. Forkle and the rest of the collective came. They were talking with Alden and Della about what was about to go down.

Before I knew it, it was 3:00.

Biana started to leap the collective to Candle Shade. We all thought that it would be a good idea to turn everyone invisible for when we get to Candle Shade because the Neverseen wouldn't even know we were there.

After about twenty minutes of leaping back and forth, me and Keefe were the last people at Everglen.

"So, are you ready to take down the Neverseen once and for all?" I asked Keefe.

He smiled, "Been ready for years."

We kissed, then held hands and leaped to Candle Shade.

Now all we had to do was just follow the script.