A Night of Insults and Mishaps

Sparks fly as steel clashes against steel. (Y/N) grunts as the strength of her opponent tries to overwhelm her. Surprisingly, the one she is fighting against is the black-haired guy and not his partner. Given how annoyed he seemed to be because of her, she thought that he might have wanted to give her a piece of his mind.

But she has to admit. Her enemy is fast.

Block. Parry. Side-step. Clash. The cycle repeats until the girl finds herself driven backwards with all this. But, really, all the hope she has in this fight is only placed on her agility and speed, because this man's strength far exceeds her own.

However, what is more worrying is the fact that the Renji guy is not here. Has he gone after Rukia? She did say that she is going to make her move tonight.

The female student finds herself worrying immensely. Since she made eye contact with the redhead for the whole of their interaction, she managed to read him even if just for a short moment. And she can see the anger -- a different one from the one she caused, regret and yearning he holds within him clearly. She knows that those feelings are directed towards someone else who wasn't within the same room.

"When in battle, focus only on your opponent."

Pain explodes across her stomach and a mouthful of blood spills out of her mouth.

"Not on your personal problems."

Her (b/t) body falls to the ground with a loud thud.

I got distracted, God damn it. You idiot, (Y/N), this isn't like you! How could you let yourself lose focus in front of your opponent?!

​​​​​​Because of the lingering effects of her abilities, she can't lose her consciousness. Thus, as the man carries her off towards who knows where, she can only bear with the excruciating pain from her wound until the moment she can actually pass out.

But hey, he is kind enough to sheath her sword back in its scabbard, so she guesses that he isn't that bad? Nope. No. No. He is still an enemy. So, no softness. No friendship. Just no.

***

"Looking so human... There's no way that's a good thing!"

(Y/N) has no context over that sentence from the voice that she now recognizes as Renji's, but she knows that nothing good is happening to Rukia if she is being shouted at like that. Perhaps she is the one he holds those negative emotions towards. 

But what really catches her attention is the sentence that follows.

"Right, Captain Kuchiki?"

Despite her ragged breathing, she manages to let out a choked gasp at the revelation that the man that is now holding her hostage is a relative of Rukia's. The male spares her a glance before stepping forwards into the light.

"Byakuya...nii-sama?"

Her brother...?

(Y/N) can somehow sense Rukia's gaze trailing down towards her next, which results in a horrified exclaim of, "(Y/N)?"

"Kuchiki-san...forgive me..."

She sends her what is supposed to be an apologetic smile, but with the blood on the corners of her mouth, she doesn't think she gets the effect she wants... Still, the girl wonders how much deader her (e/c) eyes look like to the woman now.

"Wait." The redhead stares at her, then at his captain. "I thought you said not to do any harm to her."

"That is before I found out that she has the ability to heal herself. The process is slow, but her wound is closing up. She won't die, I assure you."