Reunion

Ten days.

That is the amount of time she spends somewhere within one of the rooms prepared for her inside the Seireitei. And during that time, she is never bored. There is always someone passing by to talk to her. Namely, the lower-ranked Soul Reapers. Still, as an introvert, all those social interactions tire her. And until now, she still has trouble comprehending why it is that those Soul Reapers willingly talk to her.

But she still has Rukia. Meeting her in her cell has never been a problem for her since she can just badger Renji everytime until he agrees to take her there. Not without a string of muttered insults, of course. Huehuehue...🤭

Rukia is still as reserved as she always is. She doesn't even seem shaken by the fact that she is going to be executed in just a matter of a few days. But nothing escapes (Y/N)'s eyes. Underneath that facade, she still sees fear within the woman. Alas, she can only so much as talk to her. She can't go any closer to her cell. She hopes that by her coming every day, it will at least comfort her a little.

Everything is flat during those days. Nothing interesting ever happens. At times, she will also go down to the Rukon District and meet up with other spirits. She meets a lot of familiar faces of the souls she used to help in the past. Her arrival is celebrated by them all since most of the spirits there know of her and her kindliness to the lonesome souls.

When she comes back to her room, someone will have sent her her food which she doesn't feel like eating at all after all the food that the Rukon District's citizens fed her with. Besides, she never eats much. So she sneaks out yet again to bring those food to the people of that district as a way to pay their generosity.

At one point, she even meets a very aggressive woman in the outskirts of the Rukon District. She doesn't stay long, though, since she doesn't want to intrude and partly because she doesn't want to continue anymore social interactions with anybody else after the citizens of Rukon District. But her hopes are always dashed because the woman -- who introduces herself as Shiba Kukaku -- always insists on her staying with her longer. Which then ends up in her meeting the woman's brother, Ganju -- who has boars as pets for some reason and is someone who she mercilessly abuses. (Y/N) sends her condolences...

But sometime during a day where she isn't doing anything, she senses a lot of aura -- which she detects in the form of flickering flames of varying colours -- scurrying all over the place. Then, there is a huge thundering noise somewhere in the distance. She doesn't understand what is going on. But as she tries to focus, she senses a large blue flame from far away.

Kurosaki-san... She opens her eyes, a hopeful glint sparkling in them. He is here.

Eventually, she feels the aura fade away.

She stands up.

Yosh. I suppose nobody will care about that one girl that the captain of that whatever-it-is squad brought in now.

She grabs the sword she has placed on its hold on the wall, uses it to prick her tattoo and by chanting the required intonate, her battle-gear is ready to serve her.

She approaches a window which opens up towards a long drop to the ground below. Well, this is not a problem for her. She can manage this easily enough.

With a single leap, she lets herself fall. But before she reaches the ground, she spins at a high speed, creating flames to cover her figure. By the time she reaches the ground, she manages to land soundlessly and without complications.

She huffs. That technique is really only supposed to be my shield in mid-air where I can't change my trajectory. But that worked well.

Then, she makes her way to the Rukon District where she last sensed Ichigo and the others' presences.