Another Founding

"Oi."

A bluish silver-haired woman turns her back to her practice target. She doesn't need her name to be called for her to know that she is the one being addressed. Her serious frown falls at the sight of a familiar face standing behind her.

"...Yoruichi," she mutters, acknowledging the newcomer.

Said person grins. "Why so serious, Mizuki? You look like you just broke up with Aki."

The woman named Mizuki now has her brows creasing again. "Why, out of many names, do you have to pick Hideaki's?"

"'Cause he's your boyfriend, dummy, that's why!"

Yoruichi slings an arm over the bluette's shoulders, bringing her friend closer to her, a large grin adorning her face. Yet, Mizuki remains unsmiling. Seeing that, Yoruichi scoffs.

"Don't tell me you don't know! You two are the hottest topic around here!"

Mizuki's frown deepens. "Why?"

"You two are the unlikeliest people to end up together what more start dating anybody!" the dark-skinned woman states. "You know how many people admire you two be it boys or girls, right? You two broke a lot of hearts, you know?"

"I can't see why," Mizuki says with a deadpan.

Yoruichi gives up.

"Miki? Yoruichi?" Another voice interrupts them.

The two of them turn around, to see a dark-skinned man striding across the courtyard with his naginata in hand. It seems that he has just finished his own training.

Yoruichi raises her hand in greeting, a grin on her face. "Yo, Aki! Come to see your girl?"

"Well..." The woman sees his pupils swerve to the side, avoiding eye contact. "Not necessarily. Kisuke says he wants to see you."

"Oh!" She releases Mizuki from her death-grip. "I forgot about that. Well, have fun you two!" She runs off into the estate building behind them. She disappears behind a sliding door momentarily, before her head peers out again.

"Don't do anything suspicious!" she cheekily shouts.

Her footsteps fade away inside the house. Yet, the two who are left behind remain standing in their places.

"...I'm sorry for my sister's behaviour..." Hideaki mumbles in embarrassment. He still refuses to look into the amber-coloured orbs that look at him dully with a slight spark in them.

"She has always been like that," Mizuki reassures. "So I don't mind."

A small smile pulls at the brunet's lips. "How has your experiment been going? Any luck so far?"

"None, unfortunately." Mizuki returns her attention back to her target. Her hands fix her hold on her bow and the notched arrow's position. "But for the sake of my grandmother, I don't mind how long it takes."

"Are you sure that all those things written in that journal true?" the hazel-eyed man inquires.

The woman pauses. "...That has yet to be tested and proven."

An arrow zooms across the courtyard with a twang! of the bowstring. It hits the target, but slightly off the mark.

Mizuki frownsThen, she looks up at her partner.

"You're distracting me."

Hideaki slightly tilts his head to the side. "I'm...not, though?"