A beginning of something new

*Ronin's Point of view*

I was suddenly suprised by two tigerclaws in an alley that had ambushed me. I looked around and found out that the trash can to my right had a DR-5 Nova, a revolver. The lead pipe was lying on the ground. The two Tyger Claws were right in front of me, demanding your eddies.

I was quick to defend myself. I grabbed the pipe and quickly whacked one of the Tyger Claws with it, disarming him. Then I took the DR-5 and used it to kill the other Tyger Claw with the gun. The Tyger Claws were dead. I searched their bodies. They were hiding a small datashard. I slotted it into my cyberdeck and I got a message.

It said as follows: 'We want the package as soon as possible. We know Arasaka hired some mercenaries to intercept it. Pay will double if the package is delivered to the drop point in Pacifica within the next 24 hours.' After reading the message I proceeded to search through the datashard. There were two files in the datashard. The first was titled 'Arasaka Black Site.' The second was titled 'Package Tracking Log.' The Black Site file was a list of coordinates for all Arasaka Black Site locations in the city. The Tracking Log is a list of packages, what's in them, when they'll be transferred, and a schedule of potential interception sites. You plug the delivery address into your Agent. The package was shipped from an Arasaka warehouse in Central. I've set the course and headed towards the delivery point, which was located in Southside East, Watson. As I approach the location, I could see five other mercs also headed in the same direction. I realized that they must've been looking for the package as well. I entered the building and found myself in a warehouse filled with crates and boxes. Five merc's were standing outside one crate with their guns drawn. I unsheathed my katana I was wearing and rushed towards them. One of them tried shooting me, but I sliced their neck open before they got a chance. I spun around and sliced another merc's chest, spilling his blood all over the floor. I took out two more easily, leaving one. The last merc fired his gun at me, but I managed tp dodge it. He was the last one. I quickly took him out. The crate he was standing next to had the Arasaka package labeled "Classified - Top Secret" on it. Ronin loots the bodies. He finds a datashard from one of the mercs. It reads:"Hey Mercs, you were the lucky ones to find this package. Meet up at the bar in Kabuki after your delivery to find out where you'll be heading next. We're putting you on a big job." I picked up the package, "Property of Arasaka" written on the side. Ronin heads to the meeting point, Kabuki Bar. He sees one merc leaning against the wall. He's wearing a white jacket and matching sunglasses. He pulls a toothpick out of his mouth and looks at you. Hey, you the merc they hired for the package? We're supposed to be here at 12 pm and you're damn late. Boss is pissed. There were some complications, but I've easily dealt with them - Ronin replied unfazed. Complications? Like what? Boss said this job was supposed to be easy. You didn't break the package, did you? - No, it turns out there were couple of arasaka people in there.

I took care of them and brought the package here. - That's great. It's not often when a merc comes back and says they took out Arasaka personnel. What's your name? - Felix, But I'm known as Ronin.That's a pretty sweet nickname, Ronin. I'm Rick. My boss wants to see you. Come with me.

Rick turns and heads towards a back door into a private bar. He motions for you to follow him, into the back bar, where you see a well-dressed man with slicked back hair and a cigar in his mouth. He's the boss that Rick referred to.So you're the merc we hired, huh? We were right to pick ya. Killed Arasaka personnel and delivered our package on time. I was expecting it to be late.

Guess I was fast enough to do the job- he replied with a bit of satisfaction.

Great, here's your paycheck - he said as he sent me 25k eddies - Anyway; I'm assuming you want to know what your next assignment is, Ronin.

Ronin nods. It's a job that requires discretion. We want you to steal something very important to Arasaka's operations. In other words, it's a Black Ops assignment. Interested? - I'm in, What do we know about this thing I need to steal? - he said whilst still being unfazed - The item is a datashard. It's very important to their operations at a facility in the Badlands. It's rumored that the datashard is extremely valuable to Arasaka and would cripple the corps if they lost it. That's about it. You'll be going up against Arasaka's security forces. Are you Interested? - I am, but I'll need a netrunner for this job. - Of course. The best one in town is available, if you have the funds to hire her. Her name is Lucy. She's very dangerous. You think you can handle her? - I actually was thinking of this one shows him a data of a netrunner called Sarah - Oh, very well. I prefer Sarah over Lucy myself. Sarah's the best netrunner in all of Night City. You'll have no problem with her. The boss tosses you a disc.Here's the information you need for Sarah. Go find her, hire her and get the job done quickly. My patience wears thin. I took the disc, thanked the boss and left the bar. I then headed to the coordinates on the disc and I've found my way to Sarah's apartment. I knocked on the door of her apartment. A young-looking woman, no more than 28, answered and looked at me. - Oh, you're the merc. Boss told me they'd be sending someone. What's your name?I could tell she's skilled in netrunning. Her eyes darted around and flickered with data from the Net.