16

16
i hang from the ceiling with steven. we watch as Daniel and max walk out of the house with there hands up. "we surrender!" they shout to the guards. i can see them from the window. they get tackled to the ground by three soldiers. they are searched for weapons, then brought back to their feet. a soldier with high rank metals steps in front of them, his hands behind his back. "where are the others?" he asks Max. they look at each other. then Daniel mumbles, "two are dead, two are injured." he says. with a quick move of the officers hands two soldiers rush into the house. the door shuts behind them, there guns up. they look at Ronny and Casey who lay on the floor. "where are the other two?" asks one of them. Steven and i fall from the ceiling, landing right on the soldiers, knocking them out cold. "quick, take their uniforms." i say as i throw off my jacket. Steven and i are dressed in the officers uniforms and grab Ronny and Casey. I put the hat low over my eyes so they can't see my face. I took off the gauze on my face so not to draw attention to myself. The last thing we need is someone taking to close so a look. Steven warned me though that if my stitches tear, that it will be just as bad as getting shot the first time. I keep that in mind as I walk out of the house. Ronny pretends to be half way unconscious as i carry her out, the soldiers machine gun on my back. "Put them in the back with the other two." Says the commanding officer. I do as I am told. I watch all the real guards about to get into place. I look at Ronny and she nods at me. I nod back. I watch as all my men get in position then when I see Steven make his way to the drivers seat. I wait 3 seconds then shout.
"Now!" fires are shot and soon enough my squad is firing like crazy. I jump into the back of the van and Steven speeds off. I make sure everyone is inside then start to shut the doors. More bullets fly our way as we speed off to my house. I start to panic and my heart starts to race. This feels so familiar. In a car with strangers I don't know if I fully trust, with someone I care about with bullets firing at us on our way to my house. But there is one difference. I'm not helpless anymore.
"Ready, Braydon?" calls Steven.
"Yeah! Go around back!" I shout. He screeches the tires and the smell of burning rubber fills my nose. I ignore it as the back door of my house comes into view.
"Ronny! I need the back door taken out!"
"On It!" she shouts as she pulls out a grenade and launches it from the back of the truck. with in seconds the titanium door frame flys from my house. I jump put of the truck and run, hoping my team has my back. I hear Casey call my name but I don't turn to see him. I storm in my house and run to turn on the alarm. It's quiet in here. I look at my kitchen, where I made my first escape. Gun powder covers the counter tops from where I placed my sniper, blood has dried on my walls and floors. There are no bodies but bullet holes in furniture. I stare at it for a moment in silence.
"oh my gosh..." I turn to see Casey behind me, examining my house. Then his gaze falls on me.
"you survived this." he says.
Tears blurry my vision.
"yeah. I did." I turn back around.
"follow me." I lead the way up to my parent room an I go straight to my fathers weapon vault. I open it and examine all the deadly tools. There are so many. but when the launching panel for the nuke catches my eyes all other thought leave my head. I reach for it. It is heavy than I thought. I turn to Casey.
"this is it."