Dinner plans

It had been a couple weeks since Lucas told Maya about her surprise trip. And after a FaceTime call with Riley, and then a FaceTime call with Isadora, Maya was more excited then ever.

She felt as though all her worry and stress, her anxiety of the wedding was lifted off her shoulders at an instant. With Riley being happy for her to not attend, Maya couldn't have cared about what Josh thought.

Her feelings for Lucas grew beyond anything she had ever had before, and not just because of the expensive trips or jewellery, but because he was treating her like she was the most valuable thing.

Like she was a queen, ever since they rekindled over a month ago, he would call her almost daily, see her every weekend. They would go shopping, go out for dinner, or they would chill at home, anything. He would come visit her spontaneously some lunch times, at least once a week.

And most importantly, he made her feel loved. Deeply loved. Like he needed her, as she needed him. They were addicted. And the thought of being exclusive only attracted them to each other more.

It was nearing the end of November, and the city was getting chilly. They had all made plans to go out for dinner tonight, and currently, Maya was sitting on Riley's bed while the brunette finished straightening her hair, she was rambling on about some article on a celeb she did that day.

Maya had on leather black pants, and a long sleeve black top that had a large cutout around the chest. She had her red bottom heels on, and a black trench coat to match. She had her hair straight as well, and had finished getting ready early as she got home before her friend.

"Oh..I thought they did breakup.." Maya replied to the girl, still discussing her celeb interview of the day "so did I!" Riley laughed, switching off her straighteners.

A knock at the door caused the blonde to rise from the bed, together they went to the main living area and allowed the two boys in while Riley put on her coat and got her bag.

"Hey baby" Lucas hugged his girlfriend, kissing her cheek "you look good" she replied, inhaling in his manly scent. "You look better" he smirked, his arm draping round the blonde

"Farkley" Maya side hugged the tall boy to say hi, earning a nickname back while Lucas greeted Riley. Even though Riley was dating his best friend, even she still found Lucas attractive.

They had the driver take them over to one of New Yorks best restaurants, walking in pairs as they were shown to their table in the lowly lit, busy room in a Friday night.

Lucas pulled out the chair for maya to sit, sitting beside her, his arm lying across the back of her chair once they had all taken their winter coats off. "Can I get you started with any drinks?" The waitress approached the table, a notepad in hand.

Lucas and Farkle ordered their drinks, "Martini please. Two olives" Maya smiled. It was her signature drink, two olives was the best part. "Two martini's" Riley smiled up to the waitress as well, matching her friends order.

"Can you believe it's almost been a year since you guys got together" Maya looked across the table to the couple. They shared a glance, a smile on their faces "I know! Feels like it's been forever!" Riley dreamed

"Is that..a good thing?" Farkle chuckled, earning a laugh from the rest of the table "yes of course...just that times gone quickly" Riley clarified "and it's almost been a month for you guys..officially" she added with a smirk

Maya rolled her eyes playfully, "yeah well who's fault was that" she joked. Lucas sighed, "Yeah..sorry about that.." he kissed the blondes head. "It's fine, it doesn't even feel like any of...that..happened" Maya smiled once again

"Yeah, I kinda forgot about it too" Farkle confessed, sipping his drink once it arrived. "Anyway..we need to talk" Riley started, placing her glass back down on the table

"Let me guess...Christmas" Maya smirked at her best friend. "Yes! Christmas!" Riley beamed brightly "what do you guys do for Christmas?" She looked to the boys.

They shared a glance, shrugging. "We don't really..do..Christmas. We just would go over to one another's for drinks and to watch the game..then see family or something" Farkle explained nonchalantly

Riley's eyes widened "you don't DO Christmas?!" She shrieked. "Oh no" Maya mumbled, sipping at her drink, earning Lucas' attention quickly. "You can't not do Christmas! It's the best time of the year! So you don't do presents..?" Riley questioned.

The boys denied, saying no. "Do you at least decorate?" She looked genuinely concerned. Farkle and Lucas shared another look of guilt "oh my god!" She cried

Maya laughed "Christmas is a big deal to Riley..if you couldn't tell.." she muttered the last past. "Ok so that means that you guys need to spend Christmas with us?! Please!" Riley leant her head on her boyfriends shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm easy" he agreed. Lucas nodded, "yeah..same" he replied. "Perfect! You can both stay over at ours on Christmas Eve where we will watch a Christmas movie, don't worry Maya and I would have already decorated by then.." Riley started to explain, watching as maya squinted her eyes

"..I would have already decorated by then.." she corrected before carrying on, "and then we can have Christmas Day together, and presents and fun and drinks and then you guys can all come to my parents house, don't worry he won't be there, and then we can get drunk, and then we can get up and go shopping in all the sales on Boxing Day" Riley planned out the entire weekend.

Lucas looked overwhelmed, and Farkle looked confused "just agree" Maya whispered, the two boys nodding with a small chuckle.

Christmas it is.