Chapter 2 - The Rumors

"Alarm buzzing sound in the background" - the sound of alarm buzzing had woke me up and it's6.30am in the morning. Well, that's my usual wake up time as I prefer to wake up earlier to takemy time to get my ready for school. "Connie! Breakfast is ready!" My mum shouted from thedining room. Yes, my name is Connie and my bestie is call Cheryl. Both of our names start with'C'. So some of our classmates would call us C2 (pronounced as C square).

As I dragged my feet down the stairs after freshened up, and I suddenly recalled about therumor that was spreading in school yesterday about the 2 Korean students transferring to ourschool. I can't help it but thinking about it and a part of me hoping that it would be real this timesince the school always has such rumors running around. And it would be fun to know newfriends, right? The thought of it cheered me up a little from the recent hectic days at school.

"Alright mum, I am out to school!" After saying this, I kissed my mum's cheek and went off toschool. As usual, I meet Cheryl at the school's entrance and we both walked into the campustogether. "Do you think the rumor of the overseas students transferring to our school will cometrue this time round?" Cheryl asked while fixing her long luxurious curly hair. I was looking at herfixing her hair and I answered "Well..I don't know...but I hope it will come true." Cheryl smirkedat me and followed by her usual laughter. And I looked at her as though someone had heard us.

Both of us walked into the classroom and settled down at our desks. We are having Chemistryclass in the morning and had to do a couple of experiments in the lab and so me and Cherylpartnered up together as usual. Our Chemistry teacher, his name is call Mr Kim and yes, hecomes from Korea and so this explains his surname "Kim". He wear spectacles and always havingthis smart look on his face whenever he is teaching the class. I have a thing for spectacles. Well,to me guys who wear spectacles usually looks extremely smart and gorgeous and so does Mr Kim.I smiled to myself while I admired Mr Kim from a distance.

Halfway into our Chemistry class, Cheryl suddenly nudges me and show me to the direction ofthe window where I can see these 2 young gentlemen whom I have not seen in our campus beforewalking into our school entrance. I was feeling puzzled. "Who are they?" "Are they the rumoredKorean students?" So many questions popped up into my head at this instance.