Chapter 2: The Truth

EMILY'S POV
I open up my eyes but immediately wince from the brightness surrounding me. I blink a few times to get my eyes used to the light. I sit up slowly from my laying down position and I notice I'm surrounded by.... clouds...? I look around and all I see are clouds. Then the memories come flooding back to me. Wincing I crouch down and close my eyes. I snap my head up.

Am I dead? Is this heaven? I think to myself. I look around but this time see something shiny off in the distance. I stand up and start walking towards it. The ground is soft but not bouncy and cold air wisps around my feet. It's freezing here but I don't feel cold at all. I keep walking towards the object when I get close enough and finally realize what it is, a gate.

I step towards it and peer through the bars. The whole gate is golden with silver accents. Coming out if the top are two huge wings making it look like it could fly away any second. Without thinking about logical reasons no to, I knock on the gate.

"Enter and make an immediate left turn" a booming voice comes from somewhere above me. As if on command the gates swing open and a pathway of lights leads off to the left.

I cautiously enter and step between the lights. Nothing happens. I decide to continue walking along the guided pathway and after a while I arrive at what looks like an igloo made of clouds. I step inside the entrance and a hologram welcomes me.

A lady is being projected into the centre of the room. She has brown eyes and black hair pulled up into a bun. She's wearing a blue dress with silver sandals and smiles at me.

"Welcome Emily!" The woman says in a soothing voice. "Welcome to heaven!"

I just stand there. "Am I really dead?" I ask the lady.

She smiles at me and says "Yes. You were run over by a car being driven by four drunk men. The driver of the car you knew actually. Before I tell you who it is you have to understand that it was a complete accident and he would never intentionally hurt you."

I look into her eyes but I see no emotion. "Ok" I nod. "Who was driving the car?" I question.

She looks at me for a second before she says "Hunter Vran."