Chapter 6: Changes and Tension

"The two new members of A-troupe are Noah and Tiffany!" Ms. Kate calls out, smiling.

I look over at everyone and Richelle looks crushed. She looks up at Ms. Kate then runs out of Studio A. I feel really bad for Richelle. I know what it feels like to be rejected. Well, I know what it feels like to be rejected from a relationship.

Tiffany runs over to Steph and I and squeals.

"I'm so happy to be back!" She says as she tackles Steph in a hug.

"I'm so happy you're back." I tell Tiffany as I crush her in a hug.

"Okay dancers! Lets get started on choreographing our semi-finals routine!" Ms. Kate orders.

I run up to the front of the room in my old line placement and everyone follows my actions into their old positions. Ms. Kate puts Noah and Tiffany in the back row since they just joined.

After Giselle started struggling with being dance captain Michelle and I stepped in. So now there are three co-captains.

Phoebe walks up to the front of the room and starts teaching the first part of the dance.
••••••••••••••••••
After about a couple hours Phoebe calls a break so everyone walks over to the cubbies and gets some water.

I reach up to grab my water bottle from my cubby and spin around to be face to face with Eldon.

"Uh my cubbies right behind you." He says and stares at me completely emotionless.

"Yeah. Yeah sorry!" I say ducking out of his way. Eldon and I used to date and there's still a bit of tension between us but nothing too major.

Riley walks over to me and slings her arm over my shoulder so I lean my head on her.

"You know," Riley starts "you should act more nervous around him. Then no one would realize you still like him."

"Haha." I mutter. "Stop being sarcastic. Wait, how easy was it to tell I liked him?"

"Let's just say pretty easy." Riley laughs.

I blush and shove her.

A/n: sorry this is a pretty sucky chapter and for taking forever to update. I had no inspiration for this book but I think I'm back on track. Thanks for all your votes and comments! It means a lot.