Chapter 19: Nationals: Finals

Eldon leads me to a waiting taxi and we get in. We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until the taxi arrives at our destination. Eldon gets out of the car and walks around to my side of the car. He opens my door and outstretches a hand to me.

"M'lady." Eldon stands straighter and attempts a posh British accent.

I look at him and sigh before giggling and taking his hand and stepping out of the car.

"Thank you." I attempt a British accent but fail horribly.

Eldon smiles and wraps an arm around me.

I look up at the building in front of me and smile.

Javier's

It was definitely the fanciest restaurant in the city and I would love for my last date with Eldon to be here. We walk inside and approach a lady at the front.

"Reservations?"

Eldon nods. "Last name is Lupien."

The lady smiles and nods, looking at her computer. She grabs a couple menus and gestures to us. "Follow me please."

She sits us down at a table beside a window. There are candles everywhere in the restaurant and live piano music from a pianist in the centre of the room.

"This place is so beautiful. Thank you." I gasp looking at the flowers painted onto the ceiling.

Eldon reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "Not as beautiful as you."

I feel my cheeks heat up and I smile. "I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was amazing. I got the fettuccine alfredo and Eldon got a steak with mashed potatoes. We got into the waiting taxi and it drove us back to the hotel.

"Tonight was amazing. Thank you." I turn around to face him as we stand outside my hotel door.

"I wanted my last few days with you to be perfect."

An awkward silence hung in the air. After I leave he'll move on and I'll just be a distant memory in his mind.

Eldon wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, kissing me softly. I pressed my hands against his chest and in that moment everything was perfect.

Eldon pulled away slowly. "I should go."

I nod and kiss him once more before going into my hotel room.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Is everyone here?" Miss Kate shouts at us backstage.

Everyone looks around and nods.

"Ok! This is finals! Everyone needs to be clean and together! If we win, we'll be the national champions!" Miss Kate exclaims.

She was definitely nervous. Everyone could tell. But then again, everyone was nervous too. Well, except James.

The announcer calls us onstage and we all run on to take our place. Soon the music starts and we were all dancing. The routine was perfect and everyone was nailing it. Before I knew it we were in our finishing pose and the audience erupts into applause.

"The winners of this years Absolute Dance Nationals is...THE NEXT STEP!"

I turn to my side and see Eldon. I throw my arms around him and he holds me there. Neither of us wants to let go. We're both afraid of what comes next.