Chapter 12: Small Group Auditions

"Ok everyone! The small groups auditioning today will be Stephanie, West, Riley, and James against Noah, Hunter, Amanda, and Giselle." I read aloud from my clipboard.

There's an undeniable tension between Michelle and I today and I think everyone else can feel it too.

"Let's have Stephanie's group up first!" I add.

The dancers take the floor and the music starts. They start dancing and everyone looks swept away.

The story of the dance is these two couples fighting all the time. One person from each of the couples secretly wants to be with each other. At the end the dancers that want to be together end up being together and the remaining two fall in love.

It mainly showcases jiley of course but the dance really is so good.

The group ends and the room erupts into applause.

"Good job you guys! Next up is Noah, Hunter, Amanda, and Giselle." Michelle calls.

I look over at her for a second before looking to the middle of the room.

In a different world we might be friends, but in this world we will never be.

~-~-~-~-

I sit down on a couch with Eldon at Culture Shock.

He wraps an arm around me and smiles.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asks with concern in his eyes.

I look up at him and smile. Then I look down at my dress and smooth out the wrinkles.

Slowly I nod. "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. Michelle is just being a bit of a Michelle and she's just a little hard to handle right now."

Eldon rubs circles on my shoulder causing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

"It's all gonna be alright. The universe has a funny way of making like good and bad at the same time." He whispers.

I chuckle. "How is this situation good?"

Eldon pulls away from our embrace and tilts my chin up with his finger so that we're looking at each other.

"It's good because," Eldon starts and takes my hand in his "it's good because, this is all because we're together. We're not alone in this because we have each other and I have no plans on that changing anytime soon."

We stare into each other's eyes for a couple seconds before we both lean in.

Eldon plants a whisper of a kiss on my lips and I smile.

I lean my head back onto his shoulder and smile.

"Now that James, Riley, Stephanie, and West got the small group, all we need is our male and female soloists." Eldon speaks up.

"Well, we don't know for sure if they won yet." I reply.

"True, true. But I think they will." He adds.

I see Stephanie run into Culture Shock. We make eye contact and she skips over to me smiling.

"Guess who just got the small group!" She exclaims.

"Congratulations!" I say and stand up to hug her.

"You deserve it." Eldon adds.

Stephanie just smiles at us.