⇠Present Exchange⇢

Drake walked for felt like hours, his arms were numb from the cold as his brain was fuzzy. He dipped into different shops, looking around for ten minutes before leaving empty handed, he knew the instant he saw whatever he was looking for he'd know. All the male knew was that it had to be perfect for Simon, inhaling, the male walked into the last shop open, letting out a refiled sigh, picking up a crystallized sat statue from the shelf. Drake remembered Simon's companion Butch, which he made a mental note to bring the animal next time they stopped. After the present was wrapped, Drake tucked the item into his jacket and quickly exited the store. Drake leaned against the wall, sliding down it slowly and burying his face into his knees was the cat going to be enough? He could always get the other male flowers, but Simon didn't seem like the man to like flowers, if he had to be honest he didn't actually know anything Simon liked besides food. Drake sat there for ten minutes before he pushed himself up, and rushed towards a dessert food cart he passed a few blocks back, buying the sweetest cake they had.

Afterward, the male slowly made his way back to the hotel, protecting the plastic box in his coat. Standing outside the hotel, Drake swallowed thickly entering the hotel, as Drake was passing the front counter and the staff member got his attention. "Sir, your friend was in the lobby earlier looking for you." He stated. 

"Do you know if he went back to the room?" Drake asked. 

The male rolled his eyes, straightening his tux before speaking. "I'll tell you what I told him, I am not in the business of knowing other customers business. All I did was pass the message for him sir." He stated. 

Drake let out a groan, setting his head on the counter as he ran his fingers through his hair. The male made a noise in the back of his throat before he pushed himself off the counter and then rushed toward the elevators. Hitting the button roughly as his stomach tied into knots, Drake bounced from foot to foot until the doors slowly opened. Drake chewed on his lower lip until copper filled his mouth, the ride in the elevator seemed slower as his mind whirled with different questions, would Simon forgive him? What would Drake do if the younger male didn't? It would be awkward on the boat for sure, his co-workers already were rooting for them to stay together after this whole trip while some started a bet to see how long they'd last afterward 

Drake didn't remember walking up to the hotel door, hand hovering over the door handle. His heart beat against his chest as his hands shook, what if Simon wasn't here? Wetting his lips Drake pushed the question to the back of his head and quickly pushed open the door. Relaxing slightly as soft snoring came from the living room. The older male inched into the room, following the sound until he came to the living room. Discovering the chubbier male sprawled out on the couch, stomach on display and his shirt dirty. Drake scanned the small living room, noting the many food containers littering the coffee table as well empty soda cans surrounding the couch. 

"It's now or never." He thought, Drake exhaled slowly, praying to whatever god was listening to help him through his, even though he wasn't a religious man Drake needed some sort of help for his fuck up. setting the container on the table, setting the present next to it. Then walked back towards the sleeping form and shook his shoulder gently. "S-S-Simon." Drake whispered, poking his cheek gently. The younger male jolted awake, tired eyes scanning the hotel room until they locked eyes.

Simon opened his mouth to speak but only air came out, as he lunged forward hugging Drake tightly. "I-I-I-I went looking for you." He sobbed.

"I know, I'm sorry." Drake whispered, rubbing the other's back.

Simon buried his nose into Drake's neck, when he noticed the present and cake on the table, gently pushing himself off of the other male, Simon wiped his tears and walked over toward the table. "W-W-What's this?" He stammered.

Drake rubbed the back of his neck, cheeks darkening slightly. "It's a Christmas present. I hope you like it." He answered sheepishly.

"And the cake?" Simon quizzed, arching an eyebrow.

Drake fiddled with his fingers for a few minutes, taking a few steps forward. "I didn't know if you liked flowers or not, so I thought getting you cake would be safer." He admitted.

The chubbier male chuckled softly, nodding his head before grabbing the present and slowly unwrapping it. His eyes widened, as he brought his hand up to his mouth to hide his gasp. Simon's hands shook slightly, as tears streamed down his pale cheeks. "It's perfect, I'll have to put it somewhere high so Butch doesn't break it." He joked.

"Speaking of Butch, what do you say we bring him with us, he's been cooped up in that small room too long." Drake suggested.

"I thought you hated cats?" Simon questioned.

"You're more important to me than that, I will try my best to get along with Butch if it makes you happy Simon." The male replied, gently grabbing his forearm.

The younger male chuckled once more, setting the statue on the table and then picking up the cake. Popping open the lid and sniffing it before moaning slightly. "Where did you get this? All the bakeries were closed when I was looking for you." He asked.

"There was a dessert food cart near the shop I found your present, like I said I didn't know if you liked flowers or not." Drake answered.

"You know what would be better than cake?" Simon asked softly.

"What?" Drake quizzed.

"Getting to know my boyfriend." The chubbier male smirked.

"That can be arranged..." Drake whispered, gently cupping Simon's cheek and kissed him softly.