⇠Cat Burglur of Spain⇢

Simon sighed as he scanned the large deck, "Butch, where are you?" He muttered, chewing on the inside of his cheek. The chubby male continued throughout the ship as dread bubbled in his stomach, biting down on his lip until he tasted blood. Simon groaned, rushing toward the kitchen and scanning the crowded room until he found Drake's friend. He nudges his head toward the hallway before pushing himself off the wall and going into the hallway. 

A few moments later, the other male joined him. "Are you okay?" He quizzed. 

"I can't find Butch, I think he got off the ship somehow. Do you think you can ask Drake to help me find him?" Simon stammered, picking at his fingernails. 

The older male sighed, "Look, kid, I know you're mad at him. But you two need to talk instead of this messenger owl conversation you both have roped me into. He loves you; ask him yourself and find out." He said, then walked back into the kitchen. 

Simon inhaled and exhaled softly before walking down the row of bedrooms, realizing he had forgotten to ask what room Drake was in. He would have to pick one and hope for the best. After a few moments, the chubbier male slowly approached one of the doors and gently knocked. A muffled curse came from the other end, followed by a crash and more noises, which caused Simon to flinch. The door swung open a few minutes later, "Simon, what are you doing here?" He quizzed, cocking his head to the side. 

"B-Butch escaped the ship and is lost; I need help finding him, and you are the only person I know on this bloody ship." He exclaimed. 

"Okay, Okay, calm down. Do you know which way he went?" Drake asked, scooping a shirt from the dresser beside him and pulling it on. 

"I thought he headed toward the ship's deck, but I have looked all over Drake. What if someone takes him?" Simon sobbed. 

"Nobody will take him; he has a collar, right?" The other asked. Simon nodded, tears pricking the corners of his eyes. "If anyone finds him, they'll call you and have you pick him up at the shelter." He explained. 

"What if we leave before then? I don't know what I would do if we left him." The chubbier male cried. 

"I won't let that happen; even if the ship leaves without us, I will get you home somehow," Drake reassured the other male, gently gripping his wrists. 

"T-Thank you, Drake; I promise after we find Butch, we'll talk..." He whispered. 

"It's a date." Drake chuckled. 

***

Simon lost track of how long they were walking; Drake was next to him, calling Butch's name while checking trash cans and bushes. Sighing as they moved on, the chubbier male kept his eyes focused on the ground as they walked; a mixture of anxiety and dread bubbled in his stomach once again. Until his stomach growled, snapping him out of his train of thought, "Let's take a break and eat something," Drake suggested. 

"We can't stop; he could be here without us knowing," Simon argued. 

"We'll find him, Simon, I promise. But when was the last time you ate?" The other questioned. 

"A few days ago, I had a few snacks from the food carts the employees brought around," Simon answered. 

"Exactly, we aren't going to find him with us acting like chickens with our heads cut off. We need to stay calm and come up with a plan." The older male stated. 

Simon hated that he was right; the younger male nodded and followed Drake as he walked toward a food cart. Leaving Simon on a park bench while he went to order their food. I returned a few minutes later with two large bowls of pasta and breadsticks. "Figured this was the safest for you," He commented, holding out the food.