Chapter 8 - - - Birthday girl

*

*

*
I woke up to the phone's alarm. I picked it up with the intention to snooze it for five more minutes when I saw the label, 'Fidel's Birthday'.

"Ugh! That is today?"

I lazily sat up on my bed, shaking away the rest of the slumber in my face. I stretched lazily.

"Why am I feeling so reluctant this morning?"

When I rose to my feet, I took off my pajamas hurling them everywhere as usual. I took out my towel from the hanger, picked my shower cap from my cap hook, and put it on. Then I pranced in to the bathroom.

I unwrapped my towel, placing it on a hook, before I walked in under the shower and turned it open. I shut my eyes as droplet of water dripped and rolled down my body, awakening me.

Fifteen minutes later, I got out of the bathroom, retrieved my towel from the hook and wrapping it on before leaving the bathroom. I walked to my dresser and sat to dry my body after which I applied my lotion on my body.

I got dressed in a into a a nude midi skirt with a simple white top, glammed up with a blue denim jacked. I sprayed little perfume in the air an walk right through it.

I completed my outfit with a pair of white sneakers and a nude hand bag. I added a pair of sunglasses, a butterfly pendant necklace and a matching butterfly earrings to accessories.

After I was done, I matched out of my room and make my way to the living area. Bethel was out at work already and I didn't have a class until noon time myself.

One of the schools where I part-timed in the morning was on its mid term break. Which was why I was free this morning until noon.

I couldn't not go to my parents house for Fidel's birthday because of my class. Not that I really wanted to go in the first place, but now I have an excuse.

And that was why I decided to go birthday gift shopping this morning, have it delivered to her while I headed for my afternoon class and then call her after my class.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

I grabbed the house keys from the shelf, my spare, before exiting the building.

***
As I walked towards the kiddies mall, entering through the glass door, cool air conditioned air hit my face . It felt heavenly on my face after my walk in the heat outside, and I almost sighed gladly.

I began to roam from one stall to the other. Finding the appropriate gift.

"What do you even get a ten year old?"

Shopping for gifts for tween girls was really a bad rap.

Fidel definitely loved things that felt personal to her. Maybe I could dwell on that. She sure looks to write, what if I got her a journal with prompts that get her creative juices flowing.

"Hmm" I thought.

Since we were dwelling on personalization, I opted for the journal along with a challenging riddle book for kids. With that she could get to work on her critical thinking skills with this collection of 200 brain-teasers. And if she got stuck, there are tips and hints to help her along so she won't get frustrated.