Chapter 12--- Let's Do This Again

Please note that this chapter has not been properly edited or proofread. Bare with me if there are too many errors. Thanks and have a good read.
*

*

*

"Let me drop you off." He offered.

"Oh no, that wouldn't be necessary. My place is just a stone throw from here." I explained.

"I understand it's a stone throw. But can I just please drop you off? It's late and I can't just let you go alone."

"It's just six thirty. It's not that late." I countered.

"Please?" He begged.

Sighing, I yielded. "Fine."

"Thank you."

We walked into the parking lot of the restaurant where he'd packed. There parked a white Mercedes GLE 53 Coupe. It gleamed invitingly in the darkness.

My jaw dropped. "Is this you?" I gawked in awe.

"Yes it is." He answered casually as he clicked on a button on the remote with him to unlock the car.

I was totally stoked. "I've always dreamt of owning a Mercedes." I stated as I hopped into it.

Its multizone climate control, a power Panorama roof and 64-color ambient lighting let you change the atmosphere any time. Sensations are available to soothe and stimulate your senses, from heat- and sound-insulating glass to subtle aromatherapy.

"Yeah? Maybe I'll let you take it for a spin sometime." He stated with a smile. Turning the key into ignition.

The mighty 3.0L inline-6 turbo with hybrid assist engine purred in the parking lot, roaring like a wild beast.

"Nah!!! Stop playing." I said with so much enthusiasm. "But I wanted mine in matte black though."

It had a sandard heated and ventilated front seats which were contoured for cornering support and enduring comfort. Hand-fitted Nappa leather was standard. Heated rear seats, armrests, and a front-seat massage feature were also available.

"Why black? White speaks minimalist and sophistication." He stated as he drove out of the parking lot.

"Well, black speaks Luxury, opulence, wealth, affluence." I countered.

"You seem to know a lot about cars." He kept the conversation as he focused on steering the car in the right direction.

"Oh no no, I know nothing about cars, but I do know a lot about colors."

"Right." We both laughed delicately.

The twenty-something minutes drive back to my apartment has been a lot chatty and pleasant. The sound of blasting cold breeze the AC released, and the smooth soft jazz music from the car's stereo played in the background, filling the space. His cologne mixed with every air in the car. He'd glance my way at intervals before turning his attention back on the road.

He glanced at the side mirror on his side of the car. to see if there were any car close behind as he made a detour into the my estate.

I turned my head looking out through the closed tinted window.

"We're here." I gestured towards my residence. He followed my gaze.

He bent his head to peep at the building. "Hmmm Lovely architectural design. I bet the interiors are to die for." Then focus on the best spot to park.

"Well thank you."

Why was he so good with complimentaries?

When he had parked properly and the engine was off, I opened the side door and climbed out of the car. I strutted round the car to the other side. He was already out of the car and standing by it before I got there.

We halted at the building's entrance gate. I slowly turned my body so we were standing face to face.

We just stood there staring at each other for a minute. The air thick with tension around us. His eyes were tender.

"Do you think we can do this again? On a more personal ground." He said sheepishly.

"Like a date?" I  asked puzzled.

"Yes. Something like that."

"Mr Crawford, sorry, Kiitan... I..."

"I just want to get to know you outside of work." He cut me off.

"I'm of the opinion that, work should Not be mixed with pleasure. And you happen to be one of my biggest clients." I stated emphatically.

He grabbed both of my hands in his. "I assure you. Nothing will disrupt our partnership. Even if we don't work. I promise." He stated convincingly.

Worry fitted it way onto my face for a while.

"Please?" He said tenderly.

I sigh heavily. "Okay fine."

Bending the rule one time wouldn't hurt.

"Great!" He said with so much delight. Then he moved back. "Good night Teju. I'll call you." turned around and headed for his car.

***

I let out a sigh as I fell flat on my neatly laid out bed. I was welcomed by a scent of newly drycleaned sheets. I took the time to clean up this morning since I had the time. It got quite dusty these days. I laid there reminiscing my just concluded meeting.

The man was fine! Damn! And his arms, oh my God!

"So how did your date go?" Beth teased.

I absolutely did not hear my door open. I blink once, twice, then repeatedly. Raised to my elbows "For the umpteenth time, it  wasn't a  date!"

"How was your "not" a date then?" She rephrased jokingly, making air quotes.

"Not bad." As I laid back down staring at the ceiling.

"I'll need more that just"not bad" missy." She jumped on the bed next to me.

"So I had to wait for him cause, you know I was early."

"I hope he didn't keep you waiting for long?" She inquired.

"No he didn't."

"When he arrived... Damn! He is gorgeous!" A said still dazed.

"Wooh!!!" Her lips formed into a circle, "I bet you were nervous. My world. That would definitely have been a good thing."

"No I was not." I protested sheepishly.

"He's made you nervous. Can't you see. You're turning red." She taunted. "If this guy could make you this nervous. Baby girl, you like him.

"I have no reason not to like him now, do I?" I said averting the obvious.

"He has an effect on you. You're blushing profusely." She baited.

"That's not true." I wailed.

"Okay, what ever makes you sleep at night." She said. "Anyway, I'm sure he asked you out on a proper date."

I raised my brow swiftly, and glared at her in shock. "How did you know?" I inquired.

"I'm a witch." She grinned widely."I styled you baby girl. You were breath taking. He had to ask you."

I laughed at her silliness. I filled her in on the rest of the juicy gist. She was over the roof excitement to hear.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Give it a vote and comment. Also follow my profile. Stay safe, be safe. God be with us.