Chapter 10---- Not Crawford, But Kiitan

*

*

*
It was quite still early in the morning. A beautiful Friday morning. I always looked forward to Fridays. The acronym TGIF to me was the best acronym ever to be formed. Thank God it's Friday. Really.

It has been two days after the club escapades. Needless to say I'd had a terrible hangover the morning after. Thankfully Beth had kept some aspirin and a glass of water on the dresser for me to suppress it.

I had grabbed the pills and swallowed like my life had depended on it; oh well, my head not having to explode at that time had depended on it. And when I'd checked the time, it had been one in the afternoon.

I had slept for over ten hours. I couldn't even remember a thing that had happened the night before. I don't think I had ever had a hangover in my life.

There's always a first time for everything.

Beth had briefed me on the crazy things I did, and how she saved me from doing something I'd regret. Oh! I'd been so embarrassed.

And Mike, I must confess that I had been stunned when Beth had told me what he'd confessed during the games. I'd never thought Mike would be interested in me. I never saw the signs.

I had a crush on him at some point, back in in the university. I didn't tell him for I feared I'd be rejected.

There were times he would randomly send me a pictures me I never always remember I snapped.

Does that mea. He'd been taking my pictures unaware?

I'd always been amazed, but I never thought too much of it.

Mike was cool, tall, toffee skinned, handsome; and his eyes, I was still curious about those eyes. He was funny, sarcastic. A good sense of humor. I'd laugh my lungs out the every time we communicated.

Mike was a good guy. He had girls flocking him. So I didn't see me having a chance with him.

I guess it was just my insecurity playing out.

The alarm from my phone jolted me out of my thoughts. I took it out to find it was a reminder.

Reminder: Contact Sponsors

I needed sponsors to contribute to my upcoming exhibition. I already drafted a proposal to send to them.

I took out my phone, sending the document as mail to my intending sponsor.

I scrolled through my call entries to the contact of one of our noble pioneering father in the university. It beeped severally but there was no response.

No doubt he was a busy man. I decided to leave him a message on why I called.

To Prof. Mba: I was calling to inform you
about my exhibition proposal I just
mailed to you, sir.

***
It has as well been ten days now I got the commission from Mr Crawford. I had it packed and ready to be delivered. The issue was just that I'd not received his payment. Could it have been a network glitch? Because that was the only excuse I could come up with as it has never happened.

Either way, I wasn't going to sent him the package without received the payment first. I to the initiative to put a call through to him.

"Oh hi, good..." I stole a glance at the clock mounted on the wall of our living room. "...afternoon Mr Crawford." Realizing the blunder I'd committed, I  rephrased. "Kiitan." I said in one breath.