Chapter 11--- Not a Date

We're here🥳🥳🥳, thank you so much for reading  🤗🤗. That you read up to this point shows me my work is relevant, and help boost my morale to keep writing. So thank you.

*

*

*

My phone beeped as I sat alone by the ceiling to floor see-through glass of the restaurant I'd reserved for our meeting. I tucked my hand into the small compartment of my bag to fetch it out. It was a message. I unlocked my phone to view it, it was from My Crawford.

"I'm sincerely sorry, I'm very close. You'll see me in five."

Just as agreed, I'd gone ahead to make reservations for us at a restaurant that was about twenty minutes away from my apartment.

As you guess, Beth wouldn't let me leave the apartment unless she picked my outfit. I had so succumb.

She picked out a plain white tee; one side of the hem I'd tucked into the black distressed jeans she'd paired it with. The jeans was ripped at the knees, exposing my skin. I wore a waist belt that helped accentuate my not so obvious curve. I balanced the fit with a fitted emerald green blazer. I completed the ensemble with a structured bag and a black closed-toe heels.

I added a fancy blue light glasses to accessorize.

I wore a matte makeup. The usual smokey eyeshadow and matte lipstick in a dark colour. It looked amazing with a simple winged liner. And instead of wearing false lashes, we apply black mascara to add some drama to my top and bottom lashes as it lengthened them and added volume.

I had not been here long. I got in eight minutes before our agreed time. I'd always been time conscious. Punctual. It was just a minute past the agreed time so he hasn't been keeping me waiting at all.

Coupled with the fact that he wasn't as familiar with the area.

Not that I was making excuses for him.

The painting, had been nice wrapped in a brown cardboard and was stationed carefully in a corner behind me.

I'd gone ahead to order myself a glass of mock tail while I waited.

"I hope I'dn't kept you waiting for too long?"

I gleamed, shifting my attention to the direction the voice came. My gaze roamed from his broad body up till I was looking at a gorgeous peanut butter truffle toned male, dressed in a sky blue dress shirt and a blue-black pants, was standing over me. It was something simple, but how he wore it took breathes away.

My gaze then settled on his handsome face. His eyes. He had hazel eyes.

Wait are those contact lenses or are those really his eyes color? They were so entrapping

His pants sat just above his waist, his dress shirt tucked in nicely, he left two top buttons open, showing a little of his muscular chest. He had no belt on.

His toffee skin tone glowed even without the sun. Beards covered his jawline, neatly shaved, it wasn't too much, just enough to make his face look a lot gorgeous. My eyes had darted on his bare chest which had made my stomach twist.

He must be working out? That would be the only logical explanation for those pectorals.

His hair, a low cut; all dark and shiny with waves in it. He had strong arms. I could tell mere looking at them.

He was either a six'two or a six'three. His muscular frame added up with his height.

Suddenly chills to ran down my spine.