Chapter 17 - -- You're Here

*

*

Bethel and I were just chilling and having a random conversation this blissful weekend. It was the only time of the week we got to catch up on each other. Then there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I said as I got up and strut towards the door.

Opening the door, I was graced with the presence of none other than Mr Crawford.

"Hi!" Kiitan gushed, grinning from eye to eye.

I felt my stomach twist with a foreign emotion as I watched.

"You're here." I said sheepishly, my face instantly flushing. "Please, come in."

"Thank you!" He said as he strode into the waiting room.

Once we were in, I closed the door behind us. Thankfully the room was looking tidy, I took the time to clean up this morning since it was the weekend. It gets quite dusty these days.

Why was I so concerned about the room, was it that I cared what he thought? No?!; ok who was I kidding, if not myself. I cared a great deal what he thought. Especially being in my house for the first time. First impression goes a long way.

We made our way from the waiting room into the living area with me leading the way. I offered him a seat. He took it.

In no time his cologne filled the room. I must admit he smelled delicious; cause nice wouldn't qualify it properly. He smelled like peaches and grapes, it felt like I could taste it. I suck on my bottom lip to suppress the feeling.

I took a seat as well, opposite him, his head turned whitherever, taking in the structure and designs of the room. Only then did his gaze meet Beth's.

"I don't think you have met my friend." I said courteously.

"Hi! You must be Bethel. I've heard so much about you." He greeted politely.

Bethel, who was seated by me the whole time, stretched past me toward him and shook his hand gracefully.

"I hope they are nice things." Beth reciprocated with about the same energy. "And you Mr Crawford. Heard a lot about you too."

Beth instinctively stood up from her seat making her way behind me.

"I'll just be in my room." She stated. Obviously wanting to give us some privacy so we could talk.

When Beth was out of Kiitan's sight, she mouthed something not particularly audible to me; like she was trying to tell me a secret, then she sneaked a thumbs up at me before leaving the room.

"She matches every of your descriptions." He said after Beth had left.

"Right?!" I pausing a while before I continued. "And you are here. You didn't tell me you were coming."

"Oh my!" His expression changed, he sat on edge anxiously. "I didn't mean to invade your privacy."

"It's just that... I must say I was surprised." I  declared.

"Errrm... Have I over stepped?" He asked quizzically. "I dropped you off a few times... I just thought you wouldn't mind if I paid you a surprise visit."

"It's okay!" I assured him waving it off.

I felt bad instantly. We had been talking for long and I just realized I didn't offer him anything to drink. It wasn't intentional, I was just so bad at receiving guests.

"What can I offer you? Juice? Wine? We have beer as well." I inquired courteously with a smile.

"Water is fine, please."

I got up immediately, headed for the water dispenser stationed at a corner in the room.

"So..." I walked back to him with a cup of water and handed it to him before I went back to take a seat. "You came to visit. How do I entertain you? Can I interest you in a video game battle? Trust me when I say I'm the undisputed champion."

He gulped down almost half the water in the cup, and I felt even worse. He sighed to reveal his satisfaction. He then proceeded to placed the cup on the small round glassy table next to the couch.

"Well, we can put a score to that some other time. I was hoping we go have a more outdoor fun." A cheeky smirk on his face now.

"That sounds fun." I stated excitedly. "We go right now?"

"Yes. Get changed?" I prodded.

I rubbed my hands on my body nervously. I looked around the room, scanning everything. "Yeah! I go get ready. I wouldn't be long."

Few minutes later I returned in a graphic cropped tan shirt which showed some bare skin including arms and part of my stomach, paired with a cargo pants with a camouflage print, sneakers and a pretty stylish side purse.

"I hope I'dn't kept you waiting for too long?" I giggled at my spontaneous attempt to mimick his words the first time we met.

"Did you just try do do what I think you just tried to do?" He smirked cockily.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I feigned.

I had initially informed Beth about Kiitan and I going out for a while. She came out to the living room in a jiffy to bid us farewell.

"Beth!" I yelped, acknowledging her presence.

Kiitan sat at the edge of the couch before standing up straight, ready to leave.

"We have to be on our way now. It's really nice to meet you, Beth. Hope to see you soon again." He said with a big smile.

"It was nice meeting you too Mr Crawford." Beth reciprocated humbly.

"Oh! Please just call me Kiitan." He stated modestly.

"Right! Noted." She nodded dramatically. "Have fun guys."

"Don't stay up too late." I ordered. "And lock all doors."

"Yes mummy." She poked fun. She directed her attention to Kiitan. "Keep her safe please."

"I will." He said smiling.

Bethel walked us to the door, one hand tucked in the back pocket of her boy shorts, she waved him goodbye with the other.

A/N: So a number of people liked my first few chapters, I have updated the more. Show me with emojis how you feel about these chapter. Add my book to your reading list and library to continue reading. You can also follow my profile, to get notified whenever I upload new chapters. Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts. Thank you. dispenser we'd set at a corner of the living room.