Chapter Fifty-One

~Kace~

When I was younger I had a recurrent dream that haunted me until my adult years. It involved my mother and I being hunted down by my father through a burning house and my mother would end up being executed. As time went by, I hardly called it a nightmare but just a dream I always had.

Today I had a different dream; one of a united home and family. Of me, Zaynab and my parents living peacefully. No pain or suffering, only peace.

"Could you guys keep it down, every time you come here you make so much noise. "

" C'mon, he can hardly hear anything. "

" That's it, leave all of you "

I could hear faint voices of people having a conversation. I could recognise one of them as Sayd's and the other as Timothy or Sonny, I wasn't sure.

I opened my eyes slowly but shut them again because the light through the window was too bright. I opened my eyes again and turned my head to where Sayd was pushing Timothy out of the room through the door.

"Tim, I said get out," she said in a loud whisper.

A smile stretched out on Timothy's face as he looked over Sayd's shoulder and made eye contact with me.

"Never thought I'd be happy to see you awake Cohen. "

Sayd turned around swiftly and her eyes widened upon seeing me awake.

"Hi my angel," I said with my voice coming out horser than usual, a sign that I had been out for long. She smiled and covered her mouth as she quickly made her way to me.

" Kace-," I let out a sign of pain when she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"I'm so sorry," she tried to pull away from me but I held her against me. Her usually curly hair was now straightened and it brushed against my arms as she snuggled into me.

"I can't believe you're awake, " she said against my shoulder. I stroked her hair as she snuggled into my shoulder and Timothy excused himself. 

"I'm here," I said and she pulled away slowly. I held either sides of her face and her smile grow wider.

"I should go call the doctor," she said but I held her hand in opposition.

"No, not yet, " I said. " All I need is you right now. "

Her cheeks turned red and she pulled a chair to sat down next to me.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me studying my face. There was sadness in her eyes that I suppose came from my appearance. If I looked as I felt then it was understandable.

" Not great, " I said honestly. " My abdomen hurts a lot."

"I should go call the doctor then," she got up from her seat quickly but I held her back again. I moved on the bed to sit in an upright position and she came to my aid holding me by my shoulders.

"I told you, you're all I need right now," I pulled her closer to me.

Kace—."

"Come here," my hand moved to either side of her face and somehow the pain I was in faded when I felt her soft skin against the tips of my fingers. As she moved closer to me a smile formed on her face. I savoured the taste of her lips on mine, kissing her slowly and carefully, missing her and knowing she's free to be mine now.

"Alpha freaking Cohen," Sayd moved away when we heard Graham opening the door. " Awake and getting busy. "

"Hi to you too Graham," he walked in with his hand over a woman wearing a white lab coat.