Chapter 11: Paradis Devils

You shuffle nervously outside Whiskey and Blues, wrapping your black trench coat around yourself, conspicuously trying to cover your cleavage that's practically spilling over the sweetheart cut of your little black dress. Shifting from heel to heel, you scour the bustling streets around you, trying to make out Porco's familiar face. You look down at your watch, and grumble. 9:15pm, the show started fifteen minutes ago. Of course, this fucker is late, maybe I can just feign an illness and go home.

It had been five days since the open house, and you hadn't heard anything from Eren. There was a part of you that wondered if it was all real and if it really happened. That thought would burst every time you looked in your wallet and saw the five bills poking out. Several times throughout the week, you had caught yourself looking up his number on your phone and going to dial it, your finger hovering over it in anticipation. You tried to force yourself to call him, tell him this wasn't going to work and that he could come collect his money. But you couldn't do it, and you had no real explanation as to why you kept chickening out. You had prayed he'd call you up and laugh, tell you he changed his mind. But he hadn't called, not even to check in.

That was until this morning when he called you while you were at work. You saw his number and immediately picked up your phone, your hands trembling as you swiped to answer. 

"Hello?" you asked in a lowered voice so no one in the office could overhear you.

"Hey you, I seem to remember us having a conversation a while back about you attending tonight's Battle of the Bands right? You're aware that I'm performing?" he asked slyly. You closed your eyes and massaged the space between your eyes, not liking where this was going.

"Yes, I remember, what about it?"

"I want to make sure you come tonight. I want your answer for me by the end of the night." You scoffed at that. 

"Excuse me," you said through gritted teeth. "I seem to recall that I'm the one making the decision about YOU." You could hear Eren smirk through the phone

"Be there tomorrow at 9, we'll speak after the show."

Now here you were at the venue, waiting on Porco so you could go in. You knew Eren's band had a serious chance of being scouted by you and Porco. So whether it would be for work or home, you'd have to speak to him. 

Again, you think about feigning sickness, coming up with some excuse, any excuse to go home. But no, you can't, this job assignment came from Lord Tengen himself, and you didn't need to put yourself in a position where he'd reprimand you. No, you always want be in his good books, after all this assignment is to get you one step closer to the A&R department, right? Right?

Porco's nowhere in sight. Ugh, fuck this. You give one last look over the crowd of people shuffling in line to get into the bar before letting out a huff and turning to walk back inside. 

"Hey Tweety! Hold up!" Porco's deep voice calls out to you. You stop to turn to his direction, spreading your arms out as you give off an annoyed expression.

"What the fuck Porco, you said you'd be here for 8:30 so we could grab a booth!" Porco shrugs as he walks up to you, stuffing his car keys in his pocket.

"Well fuck me for getting held up," he rolls his eyes at you. You shake your head in indignation, 

"You're unbelievable." You spin around to walk up to security at the door. You flash your wrist band at Danny, one of the doormen and gesture to Porco. "He's with me Danny, can you get him a band please?"

Knowing that you're part of the industry, Danny grins at you as he reaches into a cardboard box and holds out a black plastic band to Porco. 

"You have a good night Miss Rose-san," he flashes a toothy grin. "And you, behave yourself," he points sternly at Porco. You laugh at that, patting Danny's muscular shoulder as you walk in, Porco scowling and following behind you.