My so happy and sad reunion/Chapter 15

It was like this, Kazuha became a writer, focused on poetry, he also liked to travel to various nations.
Kazuha promised, that the first time he saw Scara again, he would try to be provocative and smile, so as not to show sadness...

Scaramouche, however, maintained his work as a fatui, and did not show his feelings to anyone, he did not get involved with anyone and remained alone.
Scara managed to achieve one of his biggest goals since he was a child: to be rich.
Scaramouche earned millions and millions per week, becoming one of the richest in Teyvat...
__________________________

[January 3, 1997]

It was Scaramouche's 24th birthday, he was in a domain on Snezhnaya, cellphone in hand waiting for his next victim to kill.
It was on that day that they met again, in the present.

Scaramouche had turned and said.
"Oh, look who it is..."

"Well, look at who's here, Mr. Balladeer." Kazuha had seen Scaramouche, and teased him, after 6 years without meeting.

And it was there that they both spoke and remembered all the memories they had together.

Scaramouche dropped the notebook Kazuha had, with their memories written in parts. He was having flashbacks, and stopped for a moment.
"Well... maybe our story had true love." Scaramouche said, looking at the ground as Kazuha stood there.

Kazuha picks up the notebook, and stares at it... He can see that, deep inside, he still loves Scaramouche.
"Maybe it did indeed, Scaramouche." Kazuha answers quietly.

Scaramouche looked at Kazuha, a little emotionless on his face, but his expression said that maybe he cared.
"I remember why we followed separate destinies now..."
"But tell me, are you still a singer?"

Kazuha remains without answers, and slowly shakes his head no.
"I stopped being a singer a long time ago."
Kazuha answers, still gazing at the notebook in his hands.
"Life just... got in the way."

"I see..."
Scaramouche paused, thinking about everything.
"We haven't seen each other for so long that I don't even know anything about you anymore."

Kazuha's look on his face gets a little sadder, he sighs while watching Scaramouche, and finally closes the notebook with memories.
"I know it's been a long time, Scaramouche..."
"But just by being here again, it's like the past came back. And to be honest, I missed you a lot during all these years."

Scaramouche laughed lightly.
"You really forgot... right?"
Scaramouche looked down, his gaze still blank as he smiled.
"Today is January 3rd, my 24th birthday..."
He paused.
"And today is also 10 years since we first met."

The smile leaves Kazuha's face, as his expression becomes somber.
"Ten years ago...?"
Kazuha's eyes were still focused on Scaramouche, but now they were filled with sadness.
"It's been that long already...?"
Tears started falling down his cheeks, as his eyes were unable to conceal his sadness, and the amount of years he was not by Scaramouche's side had caused him too much pain.

Scaramouche laughed, and looked at Kazuha.
"Hahaha...oh Kazuha...the moment we met and I just dragged you into the mud for wanting to be my friend."
He laughed, remembering.
"I was so mean to you, but over the years I got used to it."

Kazuha looks at him, his eyes still filled with tears of love and sadness.
"I don't know what happened with you, Scaramouche... You know you always had a nice and kind heart, why did you choose this path, Scaramouche?"
Kazuha's face becomes even more tragic, as he remembers everything they went through.
"If you knew how much I suffered because of your departure, Scaramouche."
Kazuha falls to his knees, crying.