January 27, 1987/Chapter 4

And that's how Scaramouche and Kazuha met.
As much as Scara had an extremely bitter personality, Kazuha could see that their friendship would be a special one, he wouldn't give up so easily, it was at that moment that Kazuha smiled and thought to himself.
"I promise to give you a happy ending."
He smiled, getting up from the puddle and heading home...
______________________

[January 27, 1987]

After a few weeks, Scaramouche had gone out to buy some clothes.
In these weeks, he had trained several things to fit in with human culture.
Simple things, like forging weapons, doing basic works, making food, he had managed to do all of that, and he worked on some things like that to get money.
Scaramouche realized that he had more skills than he thought, he was a good fighter and he had power, clearly he already had plans for the future, he would join the Fatui.

Scaramouche then went to the store to buy black and red clothes, as they were colors that suited him. Kazuha was at the store too.

Kazuha was also getting some new clothes.
"It was nice to see that he was also working on improving himself. I knew he wasn't too stubborn to realize his mistakes, as he had already taken to heart the importance of being more human."
He tought.

As he finished paying for stuff, he ran into Scara at the exit.
"This was the chance I needed. Just one good conversation was all it took. I could turn him around."
Kazuha tought again, smiling.

And it would start here.

Scaramouche saw Kazuha running towards him happily, and he was confused.
"What do you want?! I thought you left, idiot!"
He glared at Kazuha angrily.

Kazuha just gave him a sweet smile, ignoring his insults, as if they were just normal to him. His only goal was to try and help this poor guy out.
"Come on, Scara. Let's talk, the two of us, alone. Let's have a good, honest conversation. It's okay, I won't bite."

"Whatever."
Scaramouche rolled his eyes and let Kazuha guide him to the place he wanted to talk.
Kazuha took Scara's arm and led him to a beautiful nature spot, with a bridge, a river and a waterfall, grass and a tree house.

Kazuha led him to the tree house, and then sat down on one of the logs there. He looked at Scara, expecting him to sit with him.
He would not force him to do anything, but it would help if he just stopped a second to listen. It was his choice.
So, he would wait patiently, not trying to push him into anything, and then he would just talk to him.
Kazuha felt it in his heart that today could be the day.

Scaramouche sat next to Kazuha, looking at the waterfall in front of him, his expression still annoyed.

That was the first memory Kazuha and Scaramouche had together, the two of them sitting in a tree house, in nature...

Kazuha began to speak after a long moment of silence, he took a breath, and then he began.
His words were direct and clear, but calm, as he knew there was no reason to anger Scara. He didn't know everything, but he had the patience to find out.
He knew this could take some time, but he would wait...He was ready.
"Scaramouche..."
"Would you mind telling me a little bit about yourself?"

"Are you really going to call me Scaramouche? Okay then... I guess that's my name now."
Scaramouche sighed, still irritated, he looked at Kazuha with a hateful expression.
"And why would I tell you about myself?"
He chuckled, wanting to tease Kazuha.
"Okay, I'll tell you. My name is 'Scaramouche', I'm 14 years old, I'm a boy and my favorite color is black."
He laughed, mocking Kazuha.