Chapter 48 - Alaina

New Chapter!!! 📣📣📣

Warning: negative self-talk is mentioned within this chapter. Please read what is most comfortable for you. 🪻🪷

This is a very short chapter but I promise more will happen in the next few chapters (if you watch the tiktok vids you might have some ideas). I will try to upload them as soon as I can. I hope you can wait for me a little bit. (I am hopeful that I could probably upload two more chapters back to back in the next couple of days - maybe tomorrow if we are lucky😎)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your quick read :)
🐋🕊️
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't register how long I was in the shower, but by the time I had realised, the water was now running cold. Freezing.

Reluctantly, I stood up but dizziness took over. I had no energy within me. And yet I forced myself to turn off the tap and crawl out, dry myself and miraculously managed to dress myself, collapsing right next to the bed. I didn't have the strength within me to prop myself and drop onto my bed. The floor will have to do for now.

I desperately wanted to call Juliet or even Ash. I wanted to know if he was out of surgery. Maybe he may have even regained consciousness.

But I knew I wouldn't have gotten any answers and I would only be disturbing them. They didn't want me there, let alone me pestering them through the phone. And I was beyond fatigued, I didn't even know where my phone was.

My whole body ached with pain like I've never felt before. It stabbed and throbbed every muscle and it was almost unbearable.

I didn't know if the muscle pains were the cause of my chest feeling tight, snatching away oxygen, but I really couldn't care. But another thing was that I couldn't determine whether my body was on fire or if I was shivering from the cold. And despite just taking a shower, I felt clammy and sweaty.

Something felt wrong. But what?

I attempted to think of possible reasons why, but my body wouldn't listen, the need to close my eyes was just too much. But it didn't feel like something quick like a nap. I needed something much longer than that.

But why would it matter if I slept for a long time?

It's not like anyone cared. No one cared. Everyone would soon find out who and what's has happened. And I would prove everyone's doubts. Even if they weren't true.

But what was the point now? No one would believe me.

So, I let myself.

To slip into a world of what felt like eternal darkness, consuming me.

Forever.