chapter 1

There is someone who is trying to wake me up. There are lot of disturbances around. Weird sounds, buzzing noises. I open my eyes and found myself stranded in the dark place. I turned around and notice that there are trees around me. Its pitch black night. How did I reach here? And which is this place? I try to remember, but I can't recall anything. Everything is blank. I hear clinking and jingling sound of bells from a far.

I try to figure out from where those sounds are coming. I turn towards my right and notice some sort of light coming from far away. I try to take a step towards it but my feets are shaking. I take a step, two , then three and I finally start to run towards it. It's still getting afar. I can't reach it. The sound is getting louder and louder. I am feeling like screaming my guts out, my head is exploding by the sounds. I can't make out where the light is leading, what is beyond that.

The place seems familiar as if I have seen this place before, as if this light is leading towards something that needs to be protected. My legs are giving up.

"Stop"! I scream.

"I can't, please stop!".

I'm panting now. I can't breath .........

"Stop"!!!! My eyes open suddenly, breathing heavily. I slowly sit up and touch my forehead to notice a layer of sweat beads over there. I try to calm down my racing heart by telling myself that it was just a dream. Then why it seems so real? the light .........

I get up from my bed and move towards window, to see its still dark outside. I take a deep breath and drink a glass of water. Yesterday we reached here at night. Everyone welcomed us. After having dinner we just came back to our respective rooms to rest. Otto and Bella were also given separate rooms.

This mansion is very huge which my grandfather inherited from his fore fathers. There are separate wings in this mansion. We are staying at the guest wing as there will be no restrictions from grandpa here. Even this room is heavily furnished with lots of antique pieces, which seems to have directly come from ancient world.

As it is still half past 5, in the morning, I decide to go for a run towards  outskirts of village near the sea.

I change into my high waist tights and sports bra with a jacket and pull my thick, raven coloured hair into a ponytail. As I walk out I see Briju uncle entering through the high gates. He is very sweet and calm person in his mid-50s,  who took the responsibility of mansion and everything related to our temple after my dad's death.He is dad's cousin and trusted person of grand dad.

"Good morning uncle", I wish him.

"Morning,child", he hugs me. He is the father figure in my life. "Going for a walk early in the morning, hmm?".

"Yes". I'm used to waking up early and working out to avoid stress. "How am I going to advise my patients if I'm not going to stay healthy"? I joke.

"It's true".he laughs."It's still early, can I send someone with you"? He asks.

"Oh no", I want to go alone please. I request.

"As u wish, be careful". He advises.

"Ok".

"what's there to worry in this village"?I mutter to myself .