Chapter 14

"Secrets have a way of making themselves felt, even before you know there is a secret".
------

"Can you please stop clicking pictures of each sketch"?, bella snarled at Otto who was busy in taking snaps of sketches I got a day before in dad's farm.

"And you Ms.Ira Kulkarni", she turned sharply towards me with both hands on her hips, "Can you stop biting your nails please, its gross", she made a disgusting face.

I removed my fingers from my teeth at a jet speed hearing her irked tone, realizing what I was doing just now.

I thought I had already got over my bad habit of biting nails long ago, but alas every hidden bad habits of humans come out during tense situations.

And I'm not exception to the nature's rule.

I didn't get a wink of sleep yesterday night after I returned from the farm house. I was trying hard to connect the dots dad left behind, but everything was in vain.

My mind has been blocked and I couldn't think of any possibilities where the other two lockets can be found or the least whether they were designed or not.

If they were designed, what might be the connection between those and the mysterious place. Moreover how dad came to know the existence of that place and why was he researching on it?

Did the mysterious lady lead him to that place?

Or

Was dad a divine-guardian of that place which solely belongs to temple, just like guruji said to me?

My head was filled with thousands of possibilities but the reality was unknown.

I had a strong hunch that there might be a stronger reason behind all these happenings. Something that is far more beyond understanding of a common man. One that includes the sovereign- the god

After weighing all the choices I have to reach my goal- unveiling the mystery behind that place, I thought to walk in the path of my dad.

In these maze of things, if I aim to unravel the truth within the required time, I have to put all my belief on my dad and should walk on his path.

For that I have to take each and every clue that he has left behind seriously,
and try to connect the dots.

I huffed out a breath with final determination. Yes, I'm going to put my faith on my dad to solve this twisted puzzle.

In this maze of thousands struggles, it's the only lamp of fire I can see now.

Dad, I believe you will support me in every step I take forward from here.

I believe you will lead me towards the reality from this darkness.

With final determination flowing through every bit of my blood veins, I stood up from my sitting position on the floor.

I grabbed the papers from Otto hastily,
searching for those prints of lockets.

"What came over her suddenly?", Otto
mumbled.

"Guys, listen to me carefully", I explained everything on my mind to them.

"So now our first task is to find these lockets?", Otto said scrutinizing the sketches.

"Yes, one I already have. We have to find the other two", I said showing mine.

"It's really unique Ira. I believe this is not randomly made, its designed for a particular task", he said examining the intricate carving of the locket.