Chapter 17

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."

"Its her", I paced towards the gleaming figure without explaining much to Adi,as I heard his perturbed voice not far behind me

Her features were not clearly demarcated this time. She appeared as a obscure frame shining brightly.

But I could recognize her even in my dreams and nightmares, as I have seen
and felt her divine form before.

There was this heavenly aura that surrounded her this time unlike her ferocious form I witnessed the last time on the new moon day, while rescuing Stuti.

The bright light started to drift towards the southern side of the temple where all the ruined and crumbled pieces of temples old depositories were lying on the ground.

The way was complex with the creepers
and the boulders of rocks laying on the way which made it almost impossible for me to follow her.

"Stop there.Where you are going? it looks like a little woodland. There might be poisonous creatures amidst that wilderness", Adi shouted from behind warning me not to step into the wild path.

But I couldn't stop my own legs from moving towards her. The path infront of me was not lesser than the wild jungle track, which may have harboured venomous insects or deadliest animals.

I started to make my way through the
wild creepers, lifting them with my bare hands and segregating them out of my way as I made my way through the
eerie path.

She skimmed past the way efficiently, with nothing stopping her path unlike me. As I made my way through the crumbled path I felt my left leg shackled by the woody vine.

"Damn......", I muttered trying to free my foot from the constraints of the trailing plant.

"Just wait a second, I will help you out of this", I felt Adi leaning down trying to untwine the stubborn creeper.

"Make it fast", I uttered earnestly looking in the direction of the trailing light.

"Ouch....." , i muttered as I felt my feet slipping by the force he used to uncoil.

I felt Adi's huge arms supporting my shoulders still on his knees.

"Be careful, we are surrounded by prickly thorns and bushes", he warned helping me stand.

"Goodness, perfect time for this to happen", I mumbled annoyed by seeing my torn boots.

I hustled hurriedly behind her removing my now useless shoes. I felt the sharp edges of gravels and pebbles
jabbing my feet.

I clenched my jaws controlling the unbearable pain that shot through my sensitive feets as I felt the thorns piercing me in the dark way.

I discerned her halting at the end of the way nearby some huge rock or something that appeared fuzzy to me from here.