Chapter 21

" If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

"Can you please tell me, what you are searching like a mad woman from past one hour?", Bella grumbled

"Shit! where did I keep it?", I mumbled annoyed.

"And you two", I pointed towards Otto & bella, "can you both stop irritating me please. I'm losing my mind here", I said massaging my numb neck.

"What did I do now ? I'm just standing here. It's her who is croaking like a dying frog in a well", Otto said  defensively.

"Are you indirectly implying that I have a frog's voice?", Bella gasped like it was the most unbelievable thing that she heard in her whole life.

"No. I didn't tell you indirectly. But in fact, I told it on your face that your voice is ugly  just like a frog's", he said in a serious tone.

"Aggh!!! I hate you. I seriously regret the day that I met your ugly ass", she screamed in high-pitched tone.

"That I'm doing from the past 15 years baby", he said in an amused tone.

I nearly chocked at his words.

Baby?  Now it's getting interesting.

Bella's face turned red at his words, as she threw a pen holder at him before stomping out with rosy cheeks.

His lips tilted up as he stared at her disappearing figure. His smile wiped off as quickly as it came, as he saw my face.

"What was that?", I raised my brows.

"Nothing", he replied within seconds even before I completed my words.

"Seriously Otto?, I have known you guys all my life. And I will know it, if there is something strange in my bestfriend's behavior", I said.

"You are thinking too much, Ira. There is nothing going on between us", he said as if trying to convince himself.

"And in my whole conversation, when did I ever mention that, there is something going on between you two", i stared at him  challengingly.

"N.... no...I didn't mean that", he stammered,  "Ok,  will you please stop with the interrogation now and continue with your search", he said clearly trying to change the topic.

"Ok, I will drop the matter for now. But remember, truth cannot be hidden for long. It comes out sooner than you even realize", I huffed.

"Alright, Ms.doctor turned philosopher, Now will you please tell me, what were you searching  for", he asked giggling  slightly.

"I'm searching for the key that was with my locket, but I don't know where it's gone". I breathed out, now searching through the cup-boards in dad's study.