Chapter 23

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆❀⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

We both hid behind the tree trying to analyze their distant yelling.

"They might be some local thugs", Adi whispered, seeing their outfit which consisted of lengthy robes & masks.

"Master, we are following her as per your orders", one of those goons bowed down before a man with short stature.

"You are following?", the master yelled out suddenly in rage. " If you were doing your work, properly then we would have got hold of that book".

"Do you people atleast have an idea of what that book contains ?", he spat furiously.

"It's the only tool we have to reach till the hidden wealth; it contains the tantras to open the doors of the cave", he hissed in low tone but we heard it clearly due to utter  silence in the surroundings.

I gasped hearing that. Book? Wealth?

So these are the evil guys, who are behind the gods wealth?

"You bastards, couldn't even get hold of her bag that day. What can I even expect from the shitty assholes like you", he continued to throw profanities at the other thugs.

"This people were the ones behind you that day. That idiot we caught lied to me", Adi hissed in anger referring  the man whom we caught.

"Master, we were so near to get hold of her bag; but we missed it in seconds", one replied.

"Don't repeat it again & again. Don't make me to remember that I am feeding useless bastards, who can't even face a mere girl", he spat distastefully.

"You are acting like a cat that caught fire on its tail", a deep yet throaty voice hissed at the master to which all the heads turned towards the corner where a man was sitting on the ground sharpening his weapon, which seemed like an axe.

I didn't notice him as he was concealed out of our sight. But now I noticed a giant frame covered in black robe. But his tone held a dominance unlike other thugs. His spooky tone petrified me in a negative way.

"Rudra", the master turned towards the man, "I thought you will never open your mouth", the master mocked him, "& dont forget your only duty is to follow my commands".

'Rudra', the name sounded so evil & vicious, suited for a man like him.

"You are overreacting, we still have 5 days left with us", Rudra said in a bored  tone, ignoring the harsh words of master.

"Overreacting? Huh?", the master let out a devious laugh silencing them. "she is making me to overreact".

"Twenty years", he hissed. "I'm waiting for this moment from twenty years. But she is ruining all my plans one by one from the moment she entered this village".

How did I ruin his plans? I thought.

"She ruined my plans of sacrificing her sister's blood to Kali(goddess) on that night. She made her sister to escape from my spell", he screamed.