Chapter 3

"Are you okay miss"? I heard a euphonic masculine voice near me, adding onto my infuriated nerves.

I didn't mind replying him. I was struggling to get out of this dreary place surrounded by prickly,  scruby vines and twigs before they decide to swallow me into them. The more I tried to scuffle out of them, the more they entwined me.

"Stand still, I will help you", he finally took pity upon me.

"No, you can just stand their and get entertained", I replied sarcastically.

I couldn't see his face as I was literally stretched out on the ground. He didn't reply and bent forward extending his hand to hold. I grabbed his hand and he helped me to remove those twigs around me. I finally came out of the heavenly place. My ankle was twisted by the fall.

"Ow,that hurts", I stumbled forward ready to have second mishap of the day before two strong arms came around my waist steadying me.

I looked at my rescuer. Upclose he was gorgeous. His unfathomable, golden brown eyes contrasted exceptionally with his light toned face. His eyes were as deep and expressive, they were cold but warm at the same time. You could get lost in them if you stared long enough. I was hypnotized.

His face had that far away look in it, which cannot be described in words. I followed his gaze narrowed on my locket which was dangling between my chest. He was staring at it as if it was the weirdest thing on the entire universe.

I came out of my daze hearing my friends concerned voices.

"Are u hurt", Otto came hurriedly. I tried to take a step back but he tightened his grip around me not allowing me to move.

"U cannot stand, u are hurt", his gentle voice sent tingles through me. He was an inch or two more than my 5' 9" height.

"I'm fine", I stubbornly removed his hands around my waist and took a step back.

That hurts like a bitch.

I tried to look normal and clenched my teeth, not to let out a hiss. I was trained to control my emotions from my childhood and my profession demanded it.

"No, u cannot ride a bike and it's already late now. U cannot stand properly", Otto let out a worried sigh.

"I will drop you", the handsome stranger offered.

Now why will I sit in a stranger's car?

For all I care he might be the human trafficking boss, who is in search of good-looking, innocent women in villages, wearing expensive suits.

Now I see, he is wearing a black tux complimenting his rich black hair.

weird.......

Mismatched outfit in a mismatched place. I let out a chuckle in my mind.

As if hearing my hesitation he replied, "I'm going towards the same place".

I was determined not to go with him,"thanks, for your help sir but u can leave .I'm completely fine.

He let out a loud sigh and removed his tux.

   ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The man was impossible, alright? He was the most arrogant and exasperating man I had the misfortune to meet. He was so sure of himself that he was not taking a no for an answer & here I'm after 10 minutes seated in the backseat with the devil himself beside me

He was working in his damn minicomputer without taking a look at me. This was the most embarrassing ride of my life, with torn clothes and scraped skin.