Knife overuse

Y/n's pov

I was running through the halls desperately searching for an exit. I could hear the thudding footsteps running behind me. I turned the corner to find a door labeled exit. I ran to the door and pushed it open. I was out.

Then I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned around to see a boy shorter than me he was human. With blonde dreads.
"you" I whisper cursed.
"me" he mocked.
I rolled my eyes.
"quite the attitude in such a small package, y/n" he said.
"how do you know my name, spider" I asked rudely.
"actually it's miles now sweetheart" he smirked.

My other hand was behind my back, he was so cocky and it made me cringe. I made another knife out of light, I could feel the handle tight in my hand. I moved my arm forward and plunged my knife into his thigh he cried out in pain as i ran into the woods.

I have been running for five minutes, I stopped to take a break at a stream. The cool water trickled down my sore throat. My legs were strong so they were not sore at all. I found some berries and ate them, I need more energy in order to get back to the village. I could tell we were on an island in the ocean, due to the trees not being tall and thick but they were tropical trees. Now I just needed to get to shore so I could try and call and Ilu or if I am close enough I could call anari.

I could hear helicopters flying around which means I need to stay away from clearings. I could smell the salt from the ocean and I could hear the waves. I kept running, faster and more exited. I have escaped and I am going home. I made it to the beach and I started calling in my sing songy voice for anari. When she did not come I started clicking for an ilu. None came, I started walking along the beach, clicking.

Miles's pov

I can't believe she stabbed me. Luckily I have my avatar, it's a forest na'vi avatar so it doesn't really fit but my dad is one so my avatar apparently had to be one.
The scientists are working on my body while I am walking around the forest looking for y/n.

I saw her walking on the beach, I wonder why she is so small, she has to be younger than neteyam by at least 2 years. But I am sneaking up on her trying to be quiet. I got in a tree right above her and jumped in front of her and pinned her down.

"who are you" she yelled.
"who do you think" I chuckled.
"but how? Your human?" she said.
"it's called an avatar bitch" I laughed.
"what"
"I will tell you about it later, you will be with us for a while" I said.
"No I won't" she said.

She, pulled out her knife and tried to stab me, I grabbed her wrists and she kicked me. She started running, I caught up to her and tied her wrists and ankles together.
"now, let me tell you about an avatar" I said.

We walked back to base and I told her that an avatar was connected to the persons brain, and how it works. I'm pretty sure I explained it well because she stopped talking.

When we got back to base I locked her in a dark, pitch black room. And I decided to research ice na'vi.
It said that, they were grey with dark hair and light markings. It said female ice na'vi stop growing after 13. So she must be really young because she was probably a little shorter than Kiri.

I need to talk to dad about what we are going to do with her.
"hey dad what are we going to do with her" I asked him.
"well she is important to the oldest sully boy, so she is probably important to Jake as well"
"and?"
"Jake will do anything for his kids including laying his life on the line, hopefully the boy liked this girl enough to care for her" he said.
"oh"
"yes I am going to interview her now" he said.

Quaritch's pov

I walked into the dark room and turned and light on.
"hello marshmallow" I said to her.
She said nothing.
"I am going to ask you a few questions"
Still she said nothing.
"and you are going to answer them"
She said nothing and just looked at me, her light green eyes staring at me as if she was trying to stare into my soul.
"do you have a connection to Jake sully" I asked.
She shook her head.
"what were you doing with his eldest son at night on you flying things" I pushed.
"hunting" she said bluntly.
"why were you two together at the beach, talking about personal things" I asked.
"he was curious" she blandly said.
"tell me more about these powers of yours"
"no"
"well I know you can control light and make things of it"
"mhm"

She next pulled out her go to weapon, that clear light made knife and cut herself loose. The door was locked and she pulled out her key, it didn't work on the door.
"it's a different type of lock marshmallow" I chuckled.
"what do you want" she said rolling her eyes.
"well at first I wanted to use you to bribe Jake since his kids are always somewhat guarded, but now I want you to be on my side and fight for me" I smiled.
"No" she said. "I won't help you hurt people"

"fine then just the bait part then"
"I don't even have a connection to Jake other than I babysit the and am somewhat friends with kiri, he is not going to risk his life for me" she said.
"then I guess I will just hold you hostage" I shrugged as I turned off the lights and left.