Chapter 42

"Yes," Ariel said, her voice clear and certain. "I will marry you."

Alex's face broke into a wide smile, and he slipped the ring onto her finger. He drew her close and kissed her, his lips tender and loving.

Ariel melted into the kiss, her heart overflowing with joy and love. This was the moment she had been waiting for, and she couldn't believe it was finally happening. She had never been happier.
★★★★

"I'm not feeling like myself lately," Chloe said, her voice full of worry.

"I've noticed," Greg said, his brow furrowed in concern. "Maybe you should see a doctor."

"But you're a doctor," Chloe said, feeling a little frustrated. "Can't you just take a look at me?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm really busy at work right now," Greg said apologetically. "I think you should see our family doctor, just to be sure everything is okay."

"Okay," Chloe said, feeling disappointed but understanding. "I'll make an appointment."
★★★★

"What's going on with you?" Maya asked, concern etched on her face. "You've been acting so strangely lately, and you seem happier than usual. What's up?"

Ariel took a deep breath, her heart racing with excitement.

"Mom, I'm engaged!" she said, barely able to contain her joy.

Maya's eyes widened in surprise and delight. "Oh my gosh, congratulations!" she exclaimed, hugging her daughter tightly. "I'm so happy for you!"

Ariel beamed, tears of happiness streaming down her cheeks.

"Finally my daughter is getting married!" Maya said, a broad smile spreading across her face. "Thank goodness! Who's the lucky guy?"

"You know him, Mom," Ariel said, her voice giddy with excitement. "It's Alex!"

Maya's eyes widened in surprise, and she let out a little gasp. "Alex?! the father of your daughter."

",Yes mum"

"How can this be?" Maya asked, her mind racing. "I mean, you two"

"It's a long story, Mom," Ariel said, a smile playing on her lips." I love him and he is my choice"

"Of course, it's no big deal," Maya said, her voice full of understanding. "I just want you to be happy, and if Alex makes you happy, then that's all that matters to me. I trust your judgment, and I know you wouldn't choose someone who wasn't worthy of your love."

Ariel felt a rush of gratitude for her mother's acceptance. "Thank you, Mom," she said, her voice full of emotion. "I really appreciate that."

Maya smiled and squeezed Ariel's hand. "You're welcome, honey. I'm just glad to see you so happy."
★★★★

"I think it's time for us to start a family," Raymond said, his eyes full of excitement.

Jonna raised an eyebrow, a playful smile playing on her lips. "Slow down, hon," she said. "Let's enjoy being married for a while before we start talking about babies, okay?"

Raymond's expression turned sheepish. "You're right, of course," he said, his cheeks turning a little pink. "We should enjoy this time together, just the two of us."

Jonna leaned in and gave him a kiss. "Exactly," she said, her voice soft.
★★★★★

"Mrs. Smith, the results are in," the doctor said, his voice calm and professional.

Chloe's heart was pounding in her chest. "Is everything okay?" she asked, her voice tinged with anxiety.

"Everything is fine," the doctor reassured her. "In fact, I have some good news. You're pregnant! You're four weeks along."

"Really?" Chloe gasped, a smile spreading across her face. "Oh my gosh! This is amazing!"

"Congratulations, Mrs. Smith," the doctor said, a smile of his own forming.
★★★★

"Welcome home, honey," Chloe said, her voice warm and welcoming.

"Thanks, sweetie," Greg said, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "How was your day?"

"It was a good one," Chloe said, smiling. "What about yours?"

"It was stressful," Greg admitted, his shoulders sagging a bit. "But it's good to be home."

"Why don't you go freshen up," Chloe suggested.
★★★★
"Candy, when are you going to move in with me?" Alex asked, his voice hopeful.

"Move in with you?" Ariel echoed, a bit taken aback. "You mean, like, live together?"

"Yes, exactly," Alex said, a little sheepishly. "I'm tired of living alone. I want us to be a real family."

"Oh, you're funny," Ariel said, laughing. "I can't just move in with you. We're not even married!"

"But Candy," Alex said, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"Am sorry that is impossible and also apart from that you have said that you don't want to see me I. your house remember"

"Me? when did I said that"

"I can't fall for your trick"

"just tell me when I said that"

"No"
★★★★★
"This meal is delicious," Greg said, taking another bite of the chicken casserole.

"Thanks, hon," Chloe said, blushing slightly. "I'm glad you like it."

"Hey, have you heard back from the doctor yet?" Greg asked, his tone turning serious.

"Just a second," Chloe said, standing up from the table. "I'll be right back."

Greg's hands trembled as he opened the envelope, his heart pounding in his chest. He pulled out the sheet of paper and read the results, his breath catching in his throat.

"Positive?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Yes," Chloe said, her voice filled with emotion. "The test showed that I'm four weeks pregnant."

"Oh my God," Greg said, "You're pregnant?"

Chloe nodded, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh my gosh, I don't even know what to say," Greg said, shaking his head in disbelief. He stood up and pulled Chloe into a tight hug. "This is amazing, I'm going to be a father! I'm so happy."

"I'm so happy too," Chloe said, tears streaming down her face. "This is everything I've ever wanted."

Greg pulled back, his eyes shining with love and happiness. "We're going to be a family," he said, smiling wide.

"We sure are," Chloe said, her heart full to bursting.